PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver can't recognize chinese text file name

chiauwu@gmail.com
2007-06-05, 23:17
I notice that music files in chinese text are not recognized by SS; after i change the file name to english text (but chinese text in file properties are recognized by SS)and rescan, it works.

I hope the upcoming SS firmware able to recognise music file name in chinese character.

Cheers,

flipflip
2007-06-06, 01:19
Hello, welcome to the forum!

I notice that music files in chinese text are not recognized by SS

They are: http://oinkzwurgl.org/downloads/ssods/pics/chinese-filez.jpg

I noticed that your problem report does not display the necessary details to help you. ;) E.g. SlimServer version, operating system, maybe a screenshot, ..

There must be something wrong with your setup..

Regards,
flip

chiauwu@gmail.com
2007-06-06, 01:36
Hi Flip,

Thanks for your quick reply.

My OS is Window Vista, I can read chinese text in SS. But I need to change my mp3/wma file name into english text in order for SS to include them in the playlist (after rescan).

I did not change music file properties, i.e title, album, artist, all are in chinese text. Once I change the file name into english text, SS recognize the music file.

Just wonder if this is SS or OS problem

Cheers,

flipflip
2007-06-06, 01:49
Hmm.. strange. I've never tried with Vista. But on my (German) XP it worked after enabling "Asian chars support" (somewhere in the control panel). But I assume that's already enabled on your computer.

Which version of Slimserver? What does it say at the bottom of "Server Settings" in the web interface (should say something about "UTF-8")? What do you see in Slimserver and on the Squeezebox if you look at a file that starts with Latin (English) chars and contains Chinese chars at the end (it will probably strip/ignore the Chineese chars).

Maybe somebody else who has Vista can help more. But as said, it usually works. So it's probably an OS problem or rather a problem of your configuration/setup.

flip

chiauwu@gmail.com
2007-06-06, 02:31
Which version of Slimserver? What does it say at the bottom of "Server Settings" in the web interface (should say something about "UTF-8")? What do you see in Slimserver and on the Squeezebox if you look at a file that starts with Latin (English) chars and contains Chinese chars at the end (it will probably strip/ignore the Chineese chars).
flip

My Slimserver version is 6.5.2-12047 - Vista - EN - cp1252.

My Window Vista OS can display chinese character under my music folder, but when I rescan the files, only music files in english character are recognised by SS. I have to rename the music files in english character, only SS can recognise. I hope i can retain the chinese text for the music files for easy identification (without translation).

Cheers,

flipflip
2007-06-06, 02:49
My Slimserver version is 6.5.2-12047 - Vista - EN - cp1252.

I think this should read "6.5.2-12047 - Vista - EN - utf8" (or "utf-8" maybe).

I don't know how to change that and if that is really the problem. But it was on my system (a Diskstation with Linux).

Maybe its worth reading through the various threads on this subject. Search for "chinese".

flip