PDA

View Full Version : June 1st



haunyack
2007-06-03, 09:44
Waiting for the other shoe to drop...

.

nicketynick
2007-06-04, 08:25
Waiting for the other shoe to drop...

.

I'm thinking the same thing.....
Pins & needles.

GoCubs
2007-06-04, 11:50
I'm thinking the same thing.....
Pins & needles.
I say give it at least a month to get people out of the 30 day window and I'm sure whatever is on the horizon will require SlimServer 7.0 which is far from ready.

-Greg

blessingx
2007-06-04, 12:21
Excuse me I'm new, but were there heavy hints that SB4/similar would hit June 1st (or anytime in June)?

jonheal
2007-06-04, 12:23
What the heck are y'all takin' about all mysterious-like??

Marc Sherman
2007-06-04, 12:23
GoCubs wrote:
> nicketynick;206699 Wrote:
>> I'm thinking the same thing.....
>> Pins & needles.
> I say give it at least a month to get people out of the 30 day window
> and I'm sure whatever is on the horizon will require SlimServer 7.0
> which is far from ready.

What am I missing here? What happened on June 1st?

- Marc, confused

Mitch Harding
2007-06-04, 12:25
The only thing I can think of is that the white Squeezebox sale ended. Some
speculate that the goal of this sale was to move the stock of SB3s to make
room for some new product.

On 6/4/07, Marc Sherman <msherman (AT) projectile (DOT) ca> wrote:
>
> GoCubs wrote:
> > nicketynick;206699 Wrote:
> >> I'm thinking the same thing.....
> >> Pins & needles.
> > I say give it at least a month to get people out of the 30 day window
> > and I'm sure whatever is on the horizon will require SlimServer 7.0
> > which is far from ready.
>
> What am I missing here? What happened on June 1st?
>
> - Marc, confused
>

Club1820
2007-06-04, 12:35
Well, I am either a savvy shopper (bought 2nd sb3 on 5/28!) or a sucker with an outdated product in a couple of months!

Hope its the former.

MelonMonkey
2007-06-04, 12:36
Doesn't make that much sense (for anyone other than Apple *) to debut new product in the worst sales period of the year for consumer electronics.

* and even Apple pre-announced the iPhone by a long enough lead time that people changed or suspended their purchases during the first quarter.

Mitch Harding
2007-06-04, 12:43
You got a good deal on the SB3, and it will continue to work as advertised
even if they release a new product, so I don't think you have reason to be
unhappy even if they do release a new product shortly. Plus, the SB3 have a
good resale value, so you're covered if you want the latest product.

On 6/4/07, Club1820 <Club1820.2ro50n1180986001 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> Well, I am either a savvy shopper (bought 2nd sb3 on 5/28!) or a sucker
> with an outdated product in a couple of months!
>
> Hope its the former.
>
>
> --
> Club1820
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Club1820's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=10999
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=35827
>
>