PDA

View Full Version : Music missing in standard browse, but not in Custom Browse

Gildahl
2007-06-01, 12:37
I use iTunes (ALAC) to manage my music and have some albums that are tagged with a dual genre separated with a semi-colon as Classical;Easy Listening (although I'm not sure that matters as you will see). Most of these appear correctly when browsing with the standard Genre menu, but one album does not show up at all in either genre (although it does show up when browsing by Albums, so SS is seeing it), and a couple of other albums show the artist, but report no songs.

The curious thing is that all of these albums show up perfectly when using the Custom Browse plugin, so I'm pretty convinced everything is tagged correctly!

I have gone as far as examining my folders for problems, reviewing all of the tags, and deleting the music from iTunes and reimporting it. I have also restarted SS (both with and without deleting the cache folder), and deleted/rescanned my library countless times.

I should also mention that I went ahead and changed the Genre to just Classical as well, and it still doesn't show up. That's why I don't necessarily think this has anything to do with using compound genres.

Nothing I've done so far fixes this, and it is very frustrating. Has anyone a clue about how to fix this or suggestions on other things to try?

Dave

Anoop M.
2007-06-01, 13:02
I use iTunes (ALAC) to manage my music and have some albums that are tagged with a dual genre separated with a semi-colon as Classical;Easy Listening (although I'm not sure that matters as you will see). Most of these appear correctly when browsing with the standard Genre menu, but one album does not show up at all in either genre (although it does show up when browsing by Albums, so SS is seeing it), and a couple of other albums show the artist, but report no songs.

The curious thing is that all of these albums show up perfectly when using the Custom Browse plugin, so I'm pretty convinced everything is tagged correctly!

I have gone as far as examining my folders for problems, reviewing all of the tags, and deleting the music from iTunes and reimporting it. I have also restarted SS (both with and without deleting the cache folder), and deleted/rescanned my library countless times.

I should also mention that I went ahead and changed the Genre to just Classical as well, and it still doesn't show up. That's why I don't necessarily think this has anything to do with using compound genres.

Nothing I've done so far fixes this, and it is very frustrating. Has anyone a clue about how to fix this or suggestions on other things to try?

Dave

This seems like an issue for the support team to investigate. You should send an email to Support AT slimdevices DOT com and send them a sample file and a description.

Gildahl
2007-06-06, 16:37
Ok, I've confirmed that my issue is this one.

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4925

This is pretty serious. I hope it gets fixed soon. At least there is a workaround.