PDA

View Full Version : skipping back to the start of a track

pipspeak
2007-05-31, 16:53
I currently have a squeezebox v3 running wirlessly and it generally works fine except that evey now and then, in the middle of playing a track, it will skip back to the beginning of that track and start playing from the beginning again. Sometimes it does this again and agin on one track, sometimes just once then play continues normally. All my tracks are mp3 format, some cbr some vbr.

I suspect it's some wireless hiccup that is to be expected in these crowded airwaves but I wondered of there are any server settings I should look at changing to try and help prevent it happening.

Anoop M.
2007-05-31, 17:34
I currently have a squeezebox v3 running wirlessly and it generally works fine except that evey now and then, in the middle of playing a track, it will skip back to the beginning of that track and start playing from the beginning again. Sometimes it does this again and agin on one track, sometimes just once then play continues normally. All my tracks are mp3 format, some cbr some vbr.

I suspect it's some wireless hiccup that is to be expected in these crowded airwaves but I wondered of there are any server settings I should look at changing to try and help prevent it happening.

I would try to hardwire the unit to see if it is a wireless issue or another issue.

pipspeak
2007-06-01, 11:08
I was planning to do that as a last resort... just wondering if there was anything else I could tweak in the settings that might improve wireless performance before stringing 40ft of cat5.

Mark Lanctot
2007-06-01, 11:16
Can you not just place the SB temporarily next to your router and use the short patch cable that came with your router?

blessingx
2007-06-01, 12:14
What about turning on the buffer fill screensaver and watching when you get a stutter? Then you can make bandwidth limitations, etc. necessary.

ncbbq
2007-06-02, 09:55
Hi - I'm having this exact problem on a wired network. I don't recall this happening pre 6.5 but it was happening with 6.5.1 and I just upgraded to 6.5.2 and am having the same problem.

Any thoughts on ways to debug or troubleshoot this? I know there are a lot of logging options but am not sure which to use for this issue. The PP mentioned something about buffer size. What settings are recommended?

I love my Squeezeboxes but this restarting is driving me batty.

Thanks!