PDA

View Full Version : Notification that a re-scan is complete?

jclyle
2007-05-28, 13:48
The server is now rescanning your Music Library.

This is the message i get when i opt to rescan my music folder to look for new additions. The folder is only 2gb with 3 sub folders (albums). Does the message change when scanning is complete? It has been running for about 15minutes. When i check to see if the albums have been updated I don't see the new additions. I am using flac files that may not be properly tagged. I have changed the wayGuess options to deal with this

JJZolx
2007-05-28, 13:57
The server is now rescanning your Music Library.

This is the message i get when i opt to rescan my music folder to look for new additions. The folder is only 2gb with 3 sub folders (albums). Does the message change when scanning is complete? It has been running for about 15minutes. When i check to see if the albums have been updated I don't see the new additions. I am using flac files that may not be properly tagged. I have changed the wayGuess options to deal with this
Yes, the message shown in the web interface should change to 'XX albums with XX tracks by XX artists" when the scan completes.

The time is going to depend on the speed of the server and the size of the rest of your music library. To determine what's changed, SlimServer examines the timestamps of every file in the library and compares them to what is stored in the database. Normally, though, it requires just a fraction of the time required to do a full clear/rescan.

btcompute
2007-05-28, 13:58
>>Does the message change when scanning is complete?

Click the "Home" link near the top of the Basic Settings screen. If the rescan is not complete you will get a message asking you to wait a little while until it is complete, otherwise you will get the quantity of Albums, Songs, and Artists in your collection.

It shouldn't take that long to rescan a couple GB of files.
It takes about 15-20 minutes to do a full rescan of my 75 GB of files.

jclyle
2007-05-28, 14:25
I've got it now, thanks!