PDA

View Full Version : I don't want composer information displayed

Arie
2007-05-26, 00:03
Hi,

After upgrading to 6.5.2 I found some very annoying behavior when album information is displayed. Apparently some of my albums are tagged with extra composer information per song. This causes, for instance, that my Laurie Anderson album "Bright Red" is displayed as: "Bright Red - Tightrope (1994) by Laurie Anderson, Isaiah 13:21/Laurie Anderson, Brian Eno/Laurie Anderson, Edwin Lear/Laurie Anderson, Laurie Anderson/Lou Reed". When I open the link to these "composers", album information is not shown.

I don't really feel like retagging my collection, so is there a way to solve this?

adamslim
2007-05-26, 08:46
You can just delete all the composer tag info using MP3Tag. Take all of 5 seconds. With database info, it's probably better not there than partly there ans not used or checked.

Adam

Arie
2007-05-26, 23:28
You can just delete all the composer tag info using MP3Tag. Take all of 5 seconds. With database info, it's probably better not there than partly there ans not used or checked.

I wish it would be that easy, we're talking about +40.000 songs on a remote server with a 100MB connection. Besides, I don't think this is my 'mistake', for the fact that the behavior of EXTRA information - I do not consider composer information as main meta information - causes my collection to be displayed in the wrong way.

I really hope there will be a feature to turn this off, or an easy workaround.

JJZolx
2007-05-27, 02:20
I wish it would be that easy, we're talking about +40.000 songs on a remote server with a 100MB connection. Besides, I don't think this is my 'mistake', for the fact that the behavior of EXTRA information - I do not consider composer information as main meta information - causes my collection to be displayed in the wrong way.

I really hope there will be a feature to turn this off, or an easy workaround.
Try the latest nightly of 6.5.3. There are some fixes for composer behavior that, unfortunately, didn't make it into the 6.5.2 release.

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/nightly/latest/6.5/

Arie
2007-05-27, 02:59
Try the latest nightly of 6.5.3. There are some fixes for composer behavior that, unfortunately, didn't make it into the 6.5.2 release.

After changing from stable to testing, and after a full rescan, the problem was solved. Composer information is still accessible, but not shown as artist information. Great!