PDA

View Full Version : Upgraded to 6.5.2 - Now player not found



Aztek
2007-05-25, 18:16
Hi,

Have done the upgrade to 6.5.2 and the only thing that has changed for me is that it takes me about 2-3 tries to get the player to find Slimserver whereas previously - it found it first time.

If I shutdown Slimserver and then restart it - player is not found. I then need to go to my SB3 and push the power button. It shows connecting to slimserver and then screen goes blank. I push power button again and then it goes waking up slimserver - connecting to slimserver then blank. Can do this a 3-4 times before I get full connectivity and normal usage as was on 6.5.0.

BTW - I went from 6.5.0 to 6.5.2. Fully uninstalled previous version before doing upgrade.

Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mike

Aztek
2007-05-25, 18:52
Problem fixed although slightly odd. I used to always just 'touch' the red power button on the remote and SB3 would connect with Slimserver. Since trying to figure out why it wasn't connecting - I found that if I keep the red power button depressed (maybe 2 secs) - SB3 connects to Slimserver right away without the 3 or 4 attempts I was previously experiencing. Maybe it's time to change the batteries in my remote but whatever it is - it's working and I'm a happy camper again.........let the music play!

sc53
2007-05-26, 09:05
Aztec, I also had and posted about this issue after upgrading to 6.5.2 and for me forcing the firmware update on the SB3 cured my problem. If your problem comes back, try pressing and holding brightness button to upgrade your firmware.