PDA

View Full Version : slimserver question

PPNSteve
2007-05-23, 10:11
I'm wanting to stream over the internet and when I or another user connects, nothing plays..

How do you set the server up to automagically play the selected playlist and/or all songs on connect?

also how do you edit that "Welcome to Slimserver" message in the playback (I'm testing this in WinAmp, ATM)

thanks

peterw
2007-05-23, 10:51
You'd probably need to write some code to have Slimserver automatically start playing a certain playlist when a user connects. You can probably edit strings.txt and restart Slimserver to change the welcome message.

Why are you using Slimserver for this? Unless you take some extra steps, Ability to Listen to /stream.mp3 == Ability to Control Slimserver. For public streaming, something like Icecast is usually a better choice.

PPNSteve
2007-05-23, 11:29
You'd probably need to write some code to have Slimserver automatically start playing a certain playlist when a user connects. You can probably edit strings.txt and restart Slimserver to change the welcome message.

Why are you using Slimserver for this? Unless you take some extra steps, Ability to Listen to /stream.mp3 == Ability to Control Slimserver. For public streaming, something like Icecast is usually a better choice.
I'm testing the ability to play my files from a dir and/or playlist on the local server.. Icecast/shoutcast is not a viable setup withouit major mods being made to it.. I was hoping, lacking any detailed documentation here, that this server would do what i need it to do.