PDA

View Full Version : Skip ahead 1 minute

Pale Blue Ego
2007-05-21, 10:26
Is it possible to map a button combo, like FF+1 would skip ahead 1 minute, FF+2 would skip ahead 2 minutes, etc. I looked at the button map files and the technical information, but I'm not really clear on how to set a code for a simultaneous press of more than 1 button.

Is there a plugin than handles this, or has it already been done in some way? I tried searching the forums, but got no relevant results.

bpa
2007-05-21, 10:35
Have a look at AlienBBC - it implements a skip ahead by letting the user press FFWD/REW and depending how long button is held down the skip amount varies. The skipping is actually done by the RealAudio server (e.g. BBC) and passed in the URL.

This will show you how to handle the FFW button - the actual skipping will depend on the audio source.

peterw
2007-05-21, 12:33
Is it possible to map a button combo, like FF+1 would skip ahead 1 minute, FF+2 would skip ahead 2 minutes, etc. I looked at the button map files and the technical information, but I'm not really clear on how to set a code for a simultaneous press of more than 1 button.

Chording? Pressing the buttons at the same time? I don't think that's supported.

Is there a plugin than handles this, or has it already been done in some way? I tried searching the forums, but got no relevant results.

kdf's Song Scanner plugin will let you move to a specific point in the track (for natively supported formats). Highly recommended.
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?PluginsAudio

Pale Blue Ego
2007-05-21, 12:57
Chording? Pressing the buttons at the same time? I don't think that's supported.

kdf's Song Scanner plugin will let you move to a specific point in the track (for natively supported formats). Highly recommended.
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?PluginsAudio

I guess I could change the FF press-and-hold mapping to "skip ahead 1 min", but then I'd lose the other FF speeds.

I'll check out Song Scanner. Thanks.

Pale Blue Ego
2007-05-21, 15:19
Followup report:

Song Scanner is excellent! Beautifully implemented, and it'll be perfect for the main usage I had in mind - skipping past blocks of ads and other junk in long (3-hr) Podcasts.

Many thanks to kdf for creating this and to peterw for suggesting it. You guys rock!