PDA

View Full Version : Should I buy 2nd Squeezebox b4 Sale ends?

Club1820
2007-05-21, 08:45
That is my dilema. I would like to purchase a 2nd box before the sale ends this month. But I am leary that a new and improved box is shortly on the horizon. Wouldnt matter if the new one would be a little bit more expensive or the same reg price of $299. Would still prefer a new, improved box over the current sale item.

Wondering even if they will be less expensive. ?

What do you guys think? Do you think something new is forthcoming? Would hate to buy a 2nd one and then its either cheaper next month. Or, its cheaper and a new, better version!!!

GoCubs
2007-05-21, 08:58
Don't forget there's a "30-day satisfaction guarantee". So if you time your purchase right you'll have a 30day window that will cover you if something new should come out or prices should change. But of course I'm sure in that case something will come out on day 31!

-Greg

Mitch Harding
2007-05-21, 10:24
Even then, I think used Squeezeboxes have a fairly good resale value. I'd
say go for it and take advantage of the sale price.

On 5/21/07, GoCubs <GoCubs.2qxxhz1179763201 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
wrote:
>
>
> Don't forget there's a "30-day satisfaction guarantee". So if you time
> your purchase right you'll have a 30day window that will cover you if
> something new should come out or prices should change. But of course
> I'm sure in that case something will come out on day 31!
>
> -Greg
>
>
> --
> GoCubs
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> GoCubs's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=312
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=35464
>
>

snarlydwarf
2007-05-21, 11:55
Well, I don't think this sale is to clear room for a new product line. More like "ugh, the new black SB3 is too damned popular and we will never get rid of the white ones... let's just clear out as many whites as we can so we have more room for blacks."

That it is only one color scheme on sale implies there is no effort being made to clean out overall sb3 inventory.

As I recall, someone said the packaging boxes now say Logitech on them... so someone spent money on redoing packaging which I doubt they would bother with on a "near-end-life" product.

Perhaps something new is coming, but it doesn't look like the end of the Sb3 life at all to me. If it is something new it wouldn't replace the sb3.

Club1820
2007-05-21, 20:40
Not necessarily something altogether new. But a new and improved sb3. Well, I guess you cant beat the price. So I will probably get a 2nd one and cross my fingers.

Buyers remorse. Uhrrrr

rudholm
2007-05-24, 18:21
Given that Squeezeboxes sell on ebay for nearly as much as you can get them new, I'd say it's a pretty safe purchase.

My first SB was a v2 wired-only unit that I got during the price reduction shortly before the SB3 came out. At first I was a little annoyed when I saw the SB3, but then I realized that at 169$ for a new SB2, I got a great deal and should have bought three of them at that time. I'd like to have one on my desk at work and a v2 wireless-only would be perfect for that.