PDA

View Full Version : Firmware update when switching to SlimServer

bvasek1082
2007-05-16, 21:27
Anytime i switch between the squeezenetwork and SlimServer, my SP3 requires a firmware update. Upon restart, I must set up my network settings. It will then switch back to the squeezenetwork without a problem, but if I use Pandora, it will require another firmware update. After that update, I do not have to set up the network. It has followed this same pattern 3 or 4 times in a row.

Any help?

SuperQ
2007-05-16, 22:02
Anytime i switch between the squeezenetwork and SlimServer, my SP3 requires a firmware update. Upon restart, I must set up my network settings. It will then switch back to the squeezenetwork without a problem, but if I use Pandora, it will require another firmware update. After that update, I do not have to set up the network. It has followed this same pattern 3 or 4 times in a row.

Any help?

This is a known bug, if you install one of the 6.5.2 beta releases it will stop.

I've been running the 6.5.2 beta for a while now, it's just as/more stable than 6.5.1

jmwhite5
2007-05-20, 10:32
Thank you SuperQ. I was having the same problem and installing 6.5.2 beta fixed it.

mantis32
2007-05-26, 09:21
It tries to install 6.5.2 but stops b/c it can't replaced mysqld.exe which is stopped as a service and exited from the sys tray.
Abort, retry, ignore. only option left to try is ignore.