PDA

View Full Version : Squeezebox & Vista Media Center

Fatawan
2007-05-15, 20:45
When I first put together my Vista-based HTPC, I tried using my Squeezebox while Media Center was running. It wouldn't work together at all. I have 750GB of music on that HTPC, so I would love to be able to run Slimserver and Media Center at the same time. Is this possible now? I'd like for the HTPC to be playing music at the same time the Squeezebox is playing music elsewhere in the house. The search is timing out so I wasn't able to look for a possible answer.
Thanks!

badbob
2007-05-16, 16:28
Squeezebox is a "TSR" that sits in the background, so you can indeed play music on the SB plus music on the HTPC with another music player ie Winamp.

peter
2007-05-17, 07:56
badbob wrote:
> Squeezebox is a "TSR" that sits in the background, so you can indeed
> play music on the SB plus music on the HTPC with another music player
> ie Winamp.
>

TSR, it's been a long time since I heard that term.
Bad ole DOS days...

Regards,
Peter

Fatawan
2007-05-17, 17:03
But has anyone actually used the music playing app in Vista Media Center while also using the Slimserver software?

badbob
2007-05-18, 04:49
It's two totally different processes so of course it will. And if it doesn't Vista is poo, as XP can.

I would recommend you use another music player, not WMP. Winamp or Foorbar with ASIO plugin.

bpa
2007-05-18, 05:10
If WMP 11 is running - it uses port 9000 and if WMP has started before Slimserver then slimserver will not start as port 9000 is not available. You could change the slimserver port to say 9001 and see if that makes a difference.