PDA

View Full Version : SB3 can't connect after firmware update

politby
2007-05-15, 01:16
Greetings,

My SB3 has suddenly developed an inability to connect to my Slimserver. It just says "Waking up Slimserver", then "Connecting to Slimserver" and then the screen goes black.
The slimserver is running as it should on my Vista 32-bit system, the web interface comes up but says "player not found".
I have tried to factory reset the SB3, it successfully connects to the wireless network, it responds to pings, all DHCP assigned data is okay (IP address on the same subnet as Slimserver, DNS server address correct, etc). The SB3 is also successfully able to connect to SqueezeNetwork.
This problem started appearing after the SB3 updated itself to firmware version 72 the other day.
It has been working perfectly for several weeks since I got the SB3, with the same Slimserver system. I have not made any configuration changes to the system that runs the Slimserver. I have no firewall on the server other than the Vista firewall. My router is a Linksys WAG54GS.

(edit): I forgot to say that the SB3 also insists on me giving it a full IP address for the Slimserver. That's probably indicative of a network problem?

any ideas what could be causing this?

badbob
2007-05-15, 02:15
Remove power cable, when it starts to connect, after the dhcp bit make sure you choose your slimserver, sometimes it points to the incorrect ip address. If you've named your server, in my case htpc it'll show 192.168.1.256.htpc or something similar. Once or twice from a cold boot it'll try to connect to another device on my lan, but once it's connected and on it's fine.

paraxenos
2007-05-26, 09:39
Hi

Any News about this Problem?
I'm in exactly the same situation :-(

Thx
Paraxenos

Greetings,

My SB3 has suddenly developed an inability to connect to my Slimserver. It just says "Waking up Slimserver", then "Connecting to Slimserver" and then the screen goes black.
The slimserver is running as it should on my Vista 32-bit system, the web interface comes up but says "player not found".
I have tried to factory reset the SB3, it successfully connects to the wireless network, it responds to pings, all DHCP assigned data is okay (IP address on the same subnet as Slimserver, DNS server address correct, etc). The SB3 is also successfully able to connect to SqueezeNetwork.
This problem started appearing after the SB3 updated itself to firmware version 72 the other day.
It has been working perfectly for several weeks since I got the SB3, with the same Slimserver system. I have not made any configuration changes to the system that runs the Slimserver. I have no firewall on the server other than the Vista firewall. My router is a Linksys WAG54GS.

(edit): I forgot to say that the SB3 also insists on me giving it a full IP address for the Slimserver. That's probably indicative of a network problem?

any ideas what could be causing this?

snarlydwarf
2007-05-26, 12:46

Since firmware updates only happen when you use Squeezenetwork (log off SN if you want to be on your local server), or when you upgrade the server software...

Have you ensured that your firewall/security software is not blocking the SB from connecting? Changing software often means re-allowing network access.

Aztek
2007-05-27, 17:52
I struck this after I upgraded and have already posted in this forum ( http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=35602.) I found that by holding down the 'red' power button on the remote for a bit longer than normal - it connects ok. Haven't tried what Badbob suggests but may give it a go next weekend.