PDA

View Full Version : Displaying "Now Playing" information in web page

dborn
2007-05-14, 11:12
Is there a way, using an existing plugin or otherwise, to display the "Now Playing" data for the currently playing track in a nice and appealing format with all the music related information present such that it could be displayed on a computer screen and be visible from a distance?

Something similar to Michael Herger's "Album Review" plugin but using only the local information?

This page would not have any buttons or controls, just for display purposes.

I wouldn't want to see info such as bitrate or filesize or date modified. I imagine a page with the cover art followed by title, album, artist, genre, perhaps comment. Having the ability to specify which field to use and in which order would also be nice.

I've gone through the slimserver technical information pages and I don't see anything that would do what I want. I haven't found any plugins that would do this either. I know that there is an issue of catching a track change from a web page (how to get a dynamic update of tracks?)

I was thinking of maybe using Michael's plugin and modifying it to do this but was just wondering if anybody had done it already.

Thanks,
Daniel

kdf
2007-05-14, 11:15
Here are a few examples of plugins that present info for use with
blogs, websites and content managers:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?PluginCommunication

-kdf

azinck3
2007-05-14, 11:48
Is there a way, using an existing plugin or otherwise, to display the "Now Playing" data for the currently playing track in a nice and appealing format with all the music related information present such that it could be displayed on a computer screen and be visible from a distance?

Something similar to Michael Herger's "Album Review" plugin but using only the local information?

This page would not have any buttons or controls, just for display purposes.

I wouldn't want to see info such as bitrate or filesize or date modified. I imagine a page with the cover art followed by title, album, artist, genre, perhaps comment. Having the ability to specify which field to use and in which order would also be nice.

I've gone through the slimserver technical information pages and I don't see anything that would do what I want. I haven't found any plugins that would do this either. I know that there is an issue of catching a track change from a web page (how to get a dynamic update of tracks?)

I was thinking of maybe using Michael's plugin and modifying it to do this but was just wondering if anybody had done it already.

Thanks,
Daniel

The "Now Playing" screens on both the nokia770 and Touch skins are very similar to what you seem to be requesting.