PDA

View Full Version : No Web to qnap ts 101

briggy
2007-05-13, 05:21
Hi everyone, my TS101 stopped working a couple of days ago, at first it looked like a hard drive error, I updated the firmware from qnaps website to the lastest version 2.0.1 telnet.. I can telnet to the Ts101 but cannot contact it using http://IPaddress:6000, using qnap wizard I have an IP address, status is not configured, when trying to configure the wizard sats there is no hard drive, tried new hard drive get same message. Does any one now how to at least fix so I can web to the qnap? this is the first time I've had any problems.

shake-the-disease
2007-05-13, 15:21
When you telnet to it, can you see the HDD, eg, do a 'cd /share/HDA_DATA/public' & 'ls' ?

briggy
2007-05-13, 22:50
Hi Shake, there are no files showing in directory /share/HDA_DATA/

I get the flashing green status light which means there is no hard drive connected I believe the hard drive controller in the qnap must have failed. When I put the dirve into a windows machine I can see the partitions on the drive so I don't think the hard drive has failed... since I get the same with new hard drive.

shake-the-disease
2007-05-14, 04:35
I suspect you are right :(

briggy
2007-05-14, 10:28
hello again Shake, yep I was right put the disk in machine booted up using Ubuntu could see the drives and all the directories ran fsck everthing was ok, waiting for a returns number from progressive.