PDA

View Full Version : American Doll Posse

peejay
2007-05-09, 23:40
For those die hard Tori Amos Fans, here is an interesting album which shows Tori's rare talent for delivering very high standard material in quantity. 23 tracks later (yes 23!)and my first reaction was to play it again. Don't let this one pass you by.

Rangdo
2007-05-10, 00:07
2nd that :)

haunyack
2007-05-10, 08:36
Motion carries.

Lest we not forget her mammoth effort "A Piano The Collection" - 86 tracks of luscious Tori (Myra Ellen) goodness.

mrfantasy
2007-05-10, 16:46
I'm impressed with how good this album is. It's definitely harder than her last two, which I like.

The number of tracks (and the inclusion of rather short ones) reminds me of a They Might Be Giants album. Which is fine by me, but it's funny.

peejay
2007-05-10, 17:37
I'm impressed with how good this album is. It's definitely harder than her last two, which I like.

The number of tracks (and the inclusion of rather short ones) reminds me of a They Might Be Giants album. Which is fine by me, but it's funny.

I agree about the clout of some of the tracks, which I think she carries off very well. Some thumping good tunes, which as you say was not the style of some of her previous work. In fact, I was lamenting that I hadn't heard much of her plucky spirit of late, which drew me to her music in the first place, such as that on 'Under the Pink', for example.