PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver will not accept mapped drives, UNC paths for music, playlists

Xav
2007-05-09, 04:53
Installed a replacement slimserver PC at work that is connected to a Buffalo Terrastation NAS storage box. On the slimserver PC i have mapped M: to the NAS box share that has all the mp3s. However slimserver, server setup will not recognise say \\192.168.200.2\audio or M: as a music or playlist location. Yet i can access these in explorer no problem.

I could use a utillity to point an NTFS directory on the C: to the M: network drive but that would be inelegant.

Any ideas plz

adhawkins
2007-05-09, 05:57
HI,

In article <Xav.2qbe5n1178711701 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>,
Xav<Xav.2qbe5n1178711701 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com> wrote:
> Installed a replacement slimserver PC at work that is connected to a
> Buffalo Terrastation NAS storage box. On the slimserver PC i have
> mapped M: to the NAS box share that has all the mp3s. However
> slimserver, server setup will not recognise say \\192.168.200.2\audio
> or M: as a music or playlist location. Yet i can access these in
> explorer no problem.
>
> I could use a utillity to point an NTFS directory on the C: to the M:
> network drive but that would be inelegant.

Permissions. The user slimserver is running as doesn't have access to the
mapped (or shared) drive.

Andy

Craig
2007-05-09, 06:17
It's something to do with which account your Slimserver service is logged in to. I think the default login is done before drives are mapped. Sorry I can't remember any more but a search should find out more.

Craig

Rangdo
2007-05-09, 06:19
I think if you go into the Slimserver service properties and select to logon as administrator that'll cure it.

I had a similar issue with my collection living a drive hanging off a different PC to the one Slimserver was installed on.

Xav
2007-05-10, 03:42
Yep setting the Slimserver service to work under an administrator level account did the trick. But only \\COMPUTER\SHARE UNC paths work and not mapped network drive letters. But that is a costmetic thing really.