PDA

View Full Version : TSF 89.9 Jazz

jonheal
2007-05-08, 06:04
Sorry for the cross-post (I also posted in Music), but does anyone know what has happened to TSF's stream? It's been studdering horribly for the last week, or so. This is a problem even when you stream directly from their web site, so I don't think it's an SB issue. I tried writing them (using Bablefish to translate my message into French), but get no response. Couldn't find anything using Google, either.

Am I the only person (along with the one guy that responded in Music) that listens to TSF?

el_rico
2007-05-08, 06:29
I am experiencing the same problem from France. Eventually I will try to contact them (but tomorrow, today is off in France).

One thing I will ask is to add titles into the stream...

jonheal
2007-05-08, 14:07
Sorry for the cross-post (I also posted in Music), but does anyone know what has happened to TSF's stream? It's been studdering horribly for the last week, or so. This is a problem even when you stream directly from their web site, so I don't think it's an SB issue. I tried writing them (using Bablefish to translate my message into French), but get no response. Couldn't find anything using Google, either.

Am I the only person (along with the one guy that responded in Music) that listens to TSF?

Here is a very bad translation of some text from Novaplanet.com (Novanet.fr?) that may explain the poor streaming quality of TSF:

"Company OVH with which we rent waiters for the streaming Radio operator Nova brutally decided Saturday at 4 p.m. 30 to limit the number of access to these waiters. This simple percentage why, vis-a-vis with has very clear degradation of the conditions of listening of the radio, we preferred to extinguish the player. We make very to return to has which situation simple percentage in conformity with our requirements. With very quickly, the Novaplanet team"

jonheal
2007-05-09, 07:30
Here is a very bad translation of some text from Novaplanet.com (Novanet.fr?) that may explain the poor streaming quality of TSF:

"Company OVH with which we rent waiters for the streaming Radio operator Nova brutally decided Saturday at 4 p.m. 30 to limit the number of access to these waiters. This simple percentage why, vis-a-vis with has very clear degradation of the conditions of listening of the radio, we preferred to extinguish the player. We make very to return to has which situation simple percentage in conformity with our requirements. With very quickly, the Novaplanet team"

I received a message from Khaled Osman at Novaplanet.com regarding my inquiry into TSF's wretched stream. Here's the French:

La société OVH à qui nous louons des serveurs pour le streaming de la radio a brutalement décidé samedi à 16 heures 30 de limiter le nombre d'accès à ces serveurs. C'est pourquoi, face à une très nette dégradation des conditions d'écoute de la radio, nous avons préféré éteindre le player. Nous faisons tout pour revenir à une situation qui soit conforme à nos exigences.

Translated hilariously by Babelfish, the message was essentially identical to the one I pulled from Novaplanet's web site.

So, hopefully, they'll get their hosting situation squared away. TSF is a really good station.

slimmert
2007-05-09, 07:43
Here is another frequent TSF listener and yes, I had streaming problems too last two days. Although from Europe, my French is bad. But what I do understand is that the provider of their streaming servers (or connection) has pulled out the plug. They are doing their utmost best to bring back the old situation.

Fingers crossed, me and my wife love this channel!

Sir G
2007-05-09, 09:21
Company OVH with which we rent waiters for the streaming Radio operator Nova brutally decided Saturday at 4 p.m. 30 to limit the number of access to these waiters. This simple percentage why, vis-a-vis with has very clear degradation of the conditions of listening of the radio, we preferred to extinguish the player. We make very to return to has which situation simple percentage in conformity with our requirements. With very quickly

As a translator myself, I enjoyed the use of "waiters" for "servers" (among other gems). Translation machines may not after all force us out of business yet...

el_rico
2007-05-09, 12:25
The problem is that OVH does not have a good reputation. It is cheap, but they often take such a decision to limit bandwidth usage... It seems that TSF89.9 will have to go with another provider, and it may take time.

jonheal
2007-05-12, 06:22
If you go to TSF's web site and attempt to listen to their stream live, you get a message about the service disruption.

However, it played stutter-free on the SB3 all day yesterday, so something must have been fixed.

whitman
2007-05-12, 07:53
What's hte URL to tune in to TSF Jazz?

jonheal
2007-05-12, 15:12
What's hte URL to tune in to TSF Jazz?
http://s1.streaming.novanet.fr:80/tsfjazz

whitman
2007-05-13, 08:36
Thanks Jon. Nice station!

Bokenrosie
2007-05-21, 12:52
quatre-vingt neuf neuf tous le jaz, tous l'emotion... or something like that. I don't speak French but I have been listening to this station ever since I realized that I like it better than the 800+ cd collection that I have.

Please, TSF, bring us back our Jazz!

jonheal
2007-05-21, 16:47
quatre-vingt neuf neuf tous le jaz, tous l'emotion... or something like that. I don't speak French but I have been listening to this station ever since I realized that I like it better than the 800+ cd collection that I have.

Please, TSF, bring us back our Jazz!

I feel the same way about TSF! My condolences regarding your CD collection. I have only about 400, so I'm only about halfway as far in the hole as you. ;-)

Bokenrosie
2007-05-21, 18:44
It's 9:30 on the east coast and I suspect most of the listeners are off of their SBs or Computers because it is working at the moment on the web. I have not tried the SB yet since it's upstairs and I am in my office downstairs.

Hopefully they will get their bandwidth issues sorted out soon...

Bokenrosie
2007-05-24, 11:44
I received an email response to the note I sent the folks at TSF. They said they had problems with hosting company and have it mostly worked out.