PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy in New York?

autopilot
2007-05-07, 15:07
Hi,

I'm popping over to NY City from the UK in a couple of months. Lucky for us Brits that the pound is very strong against the dollar right now, so i plan to bag a few gadgets while there including my second SB3.

Can any of the New Yorkers tell me which stores are worth visiting to buy an SB3?

Thanks.

tomjtx
2007-05-07, 15:11
PhilNYC is in the New York area.

With the pound so strong , you could always buy a TP and sell for a profit in the UK :-)

autopilot
2007-05-07, 15:21
PhilNYC is in the New York area.

With the pound so strong , you could always buy a TP and sell for a profit in the UK :-)

Yes, that did cross my mind, but that could be dangerous. Problem is, once i got it home i think i would struggle to part with it :)

tomjtx
2007-05-07, 15:42
Yes, that did cross my mind, but that could be dangerous. Problem is, once i got it home i think i would struggle to part with it :)

Yes, that is the downside. :-)

mrfantasy
2007-05-07, 17:49
http://www.slimdevices.com/au_resellers.html#newyork looks like a start. Tekserve is a huge store and if you're a Mac fan they sell a lot of Apple gear too, which I imagine is also dirt cheap right now.

From what I understand, pretty much any consumer electronics should be a great deal right now. And CDs. You can get new CDs for 6 or 7 pounds.

funkstar
2007-05-08, 03:39
This crossed my mind too (should be there about the same time as Autopilot). Don't need any more SB3's for myself, but it might make a decent present for my folks.

Fortunately I'm spending a week with some family in Houston as well, so NewEgg and Amazon might be getting a visit from my MasterCard :)

bigjules
2007-05-08, 05:33
You could try here:
http://www.s1digital.com/Network_Media_Players_s/17.htm

jfalk
2007-05-08, 08:05
I live here and I got mine straight from Slim Devices. There are plenty of places selling Roku and a fair number selling Sonos, but I haven't seen an SB anywhere.

tamanaco
2007-05-08, 13:14
I also live in NYC and ended up buying it online from SD. I tried Tekserve at the time, but they only had an old model and it took them a while to figure out what I wanted. If you go to Tekserv remember to take a number so that a counter person can assist you. Otherwise you'll be trapped... completely surrounded by a bunch of iPoders. Imagine the HORROR!