PDA

View Full Version : Transporter issues

MrD
2007-05-05, 10:28
I am having the following issues on my transporter (firm v27) setup.

The IR senor does not seem to work anymore. I have a Xantech receiver on top of the transporter (to control remote DVDs) and the Xantech lights up on IR activity.

The UI wheel no longer works, plus it is stiff.

The transporter works by going through slimserver (6.5.1), but the playlist no longer advances when a song is complete. I have to hit "skip" on slimserver to get to the next song.

Has anyone seen these issues before?

I am also waiting on a support response.

-MrD

MrD
2007-05-05, 12:49
I unplugged the transporter from the main and when I plugged it back in I did a factory reset. It seems to have cleared up all the issues accept the flywheel stiffness.

I wonder what caused the electronics to go a little squirrelly.

-MrD

JJZolx
2007-05-05, 22:05
I unplugged the transporter from the main and when I plugged it back in I did a factory reset. It seems to have cleared up all the issues accept the flywheel stiffness.

I wonder what caused the electronics to go a little squirrelly.
Probably not the electronics, but bugs in firmware. The Transporter firmware doesn't seem to be quite as mature as that used in the SB2/3. Or maybe it's just a lot more complex.

Isn't there supposed to be a periodic demagnatizing of the knob mechanism? I wonder if when this doesn't take place whether the knob action will remain stiff. If the firmware was locked up or in some kind of bad state, then it probably couldn't demagnetize the mechanism. Is it still like this, or has it corrected itself?

Did you try it after powering up, but _before_ doing a factory reset? Issues that require a factory reset (and reconfiguration of the network settings) are worrisome. Problems that just require cycling power aren't nearly as bad.

MrD
2007-05-06, 10:00
I pulled out the big guns first, only later realizing that I should have tried one thing at a time. If it happens again, I will just cycle the main power.

This is the first I have heard about de-magnetizing the knob mechanism. What would cause a magnetic build-up on/around it?

-MrD

JJZolx
2007-05-06, 10:10
This is the first I have heard about de-magnetizing the knob mechanism. What would cause a magnetic build-up on/around it?

See this thread (esp. post #11) about how the knob works:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=27981