PDA

View Full Version : Scanning Bug?

rmariger
2007-05-05, 09:31
I'm running SlimServer Version: 6.5.2 - 11764 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252.

It appears that if artist=composer, the artist is not listed when browsing by artist.

If you browse starting with genre, clicking on the genre reveals the missing artists but no albums are listed under those artists. If you browse starting with album, the albums are listed and they show the correct artists.

Especially strange is that this occurs despite the fact that my behavior settings specify that only the artist tag is to be listed under artists (i.e., none of the options composer, conductor, or band/orchestra are checked).

Is this a known bug?

JJZolx
2007-05-05, 09:41
I'm running SlimServer Version: 6.5.2 - 11764 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252.

It appears that if artist=composer, the artist is not listed when browsing by artist. The albums can be browsed.

Especially strange is that this occurs despite the fact that my behavior settings specify that only the artist tag is to be listed under artists (i.e., none of the options composer, conductor, or band/orchestra are checked).

Is this a known bug?

Yes: http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4925

But it's not a scanning bug. The tracks are most likely scanned correctly, but it sounds like the server is explicitly filtering out the composers in the artist list whenever the server setting of list composers is left unchecked.

So try checking 'Composer' under Server Settings > Behavior. I don't know what that may do to your artist list - probably be pretty cluttered if you use the COMPOSER tag a lot.