PDA

View Full Version : No connection between SB3 and SS after upgrade

kkottman
2007-05-04, 06:04
Just upgraded to the nightly build and now I cant get the SB3 to connect to SS.... the server/browser side says "Your player was not found." and when I run through the troubleshooting on the SB3 side with the remote - all usual suspects seem okay (IP/networking setup, MAC addresses match, etc...) - I can get to "connecting to slimserver..." and it just goes black after a few seconds.... any ideas?

barty
2007-05-04, 08:29
same here but on a Transporter...

danco
2007-05-04, 15:51
It's always worth trying pressing and holding the remote (rather than just pressing). May not help in this case, but can't harm.

snarlydwarf
2007-05-04, 16:23
Just upgraded to the nightly build and now I cant get the SB3 to connect to SS.... the server/browser side says "Your player was not found." and when I run through the troubleshooting on the SB3 side with the remote - all usual suspects seem okay (IP/networking setup, MAC addresses match, etc...) - I can get to "connecting to slimserver..." and it just goes black after a few seconds.... any ideas?

Turn off your firewall and try it.

Many firewall packages notice that the executable changed (ie, you upgraded software) and you need to re-grant permission to things to access the network.

If it works with the firewall off, then you know what the problem is (smacking the firewall software without damaging the PC becomes the hard part).

kkottman
2007-05-05, 04:56
Thanks Folks - I ended up wiping the install clean and rolling back to re-installing 6.5.0....during the reinstall I was prompted for a firmware update on the SB3 which I performed and the SB3 and SS immediatly connected..... now everything is working fine....no idea what the deal was.... One thing I have noticed since the rollback is that in the services control panel there is no longer a SlimservermySQL service?

deserttaxguy
2007-05-07, 13:36
I turned off the firewall, have the port exceptions correct, and ever since upgrading (oxymoron for sure),I have had problems with no connection (wireless and wired). I have applied the 6.5.2 and uninstalled and re-installed 6.5.1.
I got a brief period of connectivity, but then it stopped working again. Can someone please put up a link to download the old 6.5.0 version of Slim server again. I'm not seeing a link to it on the download page.

snarlydwarf
2007-05-07, 13:39
I turned off the firewall, have the port exceptions correct, and ever since upgrading (oxymoron for sure),I have had problems with no connection (wireless and wired). I have applied the 6.5.2 and uninstalled and re-installed 6.5.1.
I got a brief period of connectivity, but then it stopped working again. Can someone please put up a link to download the old 6.5.0 version of Slim server again. I'm not seeing a link to it on the download page.

http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/ or more specifically, http://www.slimdevices.com/downloads/SlimServer_v6.5.0/