PDA

View Full Version : Forum Cleanup

mvalera
2007-05-03, 12:18
Hey everyone,

I heard from some people here at Slim that the forums were getting a bit unorganized, so I did a little bit of cleanup today.

I tried to organize them so they made a bit more sense with User and Developer parent forum groups. I also tried to organize the User forums with general discussion and more tech related forums grouped together.

So do you like it? Hate it? Let me know, and give me suggestions for improvements too.

Cheers,

Mike

RiccardoR
2007-05-03, 12:44
Hey everyone,
..... Let me know, and give me suggestions for improvements too.

Cheers,

Mike

Some of us (2 ;)) ask for an Italian forum. I don't know how many italian people are here but I hope that with Logitech distribution here in Italy (when?) the number of users will grow as soon as possible.
So I can write (sometimes) in Italian!!!
Riccardo

funkstar
2007-05-03, 13:28
So do you like it? Hate it?
Doesn't matter to me, "New Posts" wins every time :)

CavesOfTQLT
2007-05-03, 14:45
Ditto with me too.

Ian_F
2007-05-03, 15:21
How about sub-categories under the Hardware Forum group? So, QNAP, Infrant, Sonology....... with perhaps an "Other" as a catch-all?

blader_se
2007-05-03, 22:59

That's second behind the RSS feed for me.

Listener
2007-05-04, 10:03
Hey everyone,

So do you like it? Hate it? Let me know, and give me suggestions for improvements too.

I like it.

Bill

Mark Lanctot
2007-05-08, 18:13
Very nice Mike. Hope to see you around the forums!

smst
2007-05-09, 07:14
I've asked for this before, and perhaps this is a good point to mention it again: I'd really like an announcement forum. The general discussion list is very high volume, and I really only subscribe to it so I'll be notified of new SlimServer releases (and new hardware plans, hopefully).

I've requested this as bug#3259 (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=3259), and included a few suggestions to make it work smoothly (essentially, an announcement would be cross-posted to the dedicated forum and have a note appended directing follow-ups to a thread in the general (or 3rd party, etc) forum).

Thanks for cleaning up the forums!

lucas72
2007-05-15, 07:52
Some of us (2 ;)) ask for an Italian forum. I don't know how many italian people are here but I hope that with Logitech distribution here in Italy (when?) the number of users will grow as soon as possible.
So I can write (sometimes) in Italian!!!
Riccardo

Here am I (the 2nd)! :)

MelonMonkey
2007-05-31, 09:07
This thread is getting old, but the only suggestion I can make to truly improve the forums is to migrate over to better software. vBulletin is attrocious and has the most lack-luster and infuriatingly useless search capabilities of any forum package out there.

My vote would be to move to Invision Power Board 2.x. But even a move to PHPbb would be welcome from vB.

Ian_F
2007-05-31, 11:16
This thread is getting old, but the only suggestion I can make to truly improve the forums is to migrate over to better software. vBulletin is attrocious and has the most lack-luster and infuriatingly useless search capabilities of any forum package out there.

Gotta agree with you on that one. A while ago I was looking into recommendations for a server solution to host all my music. Searching for the word "server" causes my view of the forum to crash!