PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody here ripped SACD's

servies
2007-05-03, 08:00
I'm looking for the following SACD's (ripped)
Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon (The 5.1 layer)
Roger Waters: Ça Ira (The 5.1 layer)

I have ripped the stereo CD layer but the SACD part I've never heard. I don't even know if it's possible at all.
I don't have a SACD player and have never heard the surround versions of both titles, although I have the original
quad version of The Dark Side Of The Moon on DVD.

wullsy
2007-05-03, 08:59
If you search the forum, you'll see quite a bit of discussion on this. The belief is that you can rip SACD's using custom/modified hardware, but it doesn't work every time. I'm sure there is a company in Switzerland, who sell the bits that can modify certain SACD players to allow you to capture the multi channel digital stream.

You'd be far better off buying a used SACD player for 100 euro - like a Pioneer 963 or something if your that interested.

cheers,

I'm looking for the following SACD's (ripped)
Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon (The 5.1 layer)
Roger Waters: Ça Ira (The 5.1 layer)

I have ripped the stereo CD layer but the SACD part I've never heard. I don't even know if it's possible at all.
I don't have a SACD player and have never heard the surround versions of both titles, although I have the original
quad version of The Dark Side Of The Moon on DVD.

servies
2007-05-03, 12:58
Let's put it another way:
Does anybody have the surround versions hanging around on his harddisk and is willing to send me copies of those?

haunyack
2007-05-09, 11:38
Let's put it another way:
Does anybody have the surround versions hanging around on his harddisk and is willing to send me copies of those?

Bold request - considering most folks here believe copyright law is a valid mechanism for protecting creative content.

In otherwords -
"Does anybody have the surround versions hanging around on his harddisk" - probably.
"is willing to send me copies of those - probably not.

servies
2007-05-09, 12:00
Bold request - considering most folks here believe copyright law is a valid mechanism for protecting creative content.

In otherwords -
"Does anybody have the surround versions hanging around on his harddisk" - probably.
"is willing to send me copies of those - probably not.

Copies to which I have a RIGHT according to Dutch laws!
And yes: I do have the originals.
So: no, I'm not breaking copyright laws! and I do believe in protecting the rights of the artists.

haunyack
2007-05-09, 12:05
Copies to which I have a RIGHT according to Dutch laws!
And yes: I do have the originals.
So: no, I'm not breaking copyright laws! and I do believe in protecting the rights of the artists.

You may not be breaking copyright laws...suppose someone would send you the 5.1 ...what then?
Does the sender become subject to copyright and so must destroy his copy or be non-compliant?

servies
2007-05-09, 12:20
You may not be breaking copyright laws...suppose someone would send you the 5.1 ...what then?
Does the sender become subject to copyright and so must destroy his copy or be non-compliant?

As I see it he's helping me make a backup of my originals.
I do strongly believe that artists should be paid for their efforts , so when I like music and I want to hear it more often, then I will buy it. I don't need copies of stuff I don't have original.
Probably if I could buy the 5.1 Flac versions of Ça Ira or The Dark Side Of The Moon somewhere on the web I would already have done that, but I can't find them.