PDA

View Full Version : Playback issue: starts w/ 1st song even if I select 5th song

Matt Shelton
2007-05-03, 06:57
I've just discovered a brand new problem for me. I listen to albums, not playlists. From the remote, I simply select Artist>Album>Play. Last night, I wanted to play the 5th song in a album. From the remote, I selected Artist>Album>Scroll to 5th Song>Play....and the Squeezebox started playing from the 1st song. I tested this with 5 or 6 different albums and got the same result.

In contrast, if I select the song from the web interface (which is not my preference, given that my p.c. and the squeezebox are in rooms on different floors in my home), the selected song plays fine.

I'm attaching a d_source debub report. I tried to play a song called Sol Topado, the 8th song in an album. Instead, what played was the first song in in the album, Marching the Hate Machines. Any thoughts?

Siduhe
2007-05-03, 07:04
Do you have the Custom Browse plugin installed by any chance?

If so, could be the same issue as in this post:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=145435#post145435

matthijskoopmans
2007-05-03, 13:01
The same symptoms occur if you play APE files with Cue sheets, and that is a known issue. If you are playing APE files with CUE sheets, you may have to convert the file into something else.

Matt Shelton
2007-05-04, 08:05
Nope, neither of those issues are the problem. Any other thoughts?

slimkid
2007-05-04, 09:18
Are you bit limiting output stream with Lame?