PDA

View Full Version : Fishbone Request.

msux
2007-04-28, 22:55
I have a request for the fishbone skin (which is my favorite).

How hard would it be to alternate background color every other row when displaying a list? Its a bit hard for my old eyes to follow a line across the screen to select one of the buttons.

Here's what I mean:

Artists

Artist1
Artist2
Artist3
Artist4

If rows 1 & 3 where current color, and 2 & 4 were a slightly lighter shade, it would be much easier to follow across to the play, next, add to playlist & delete buttons.

This would also help on the playlist panel.

=Mike=

erland
2007-04-29, 00:34
You can always change it by yourself in your local installation.

Find the file skin.css in the HTML/Fishbone directory i the SlimServer installation.

Find this section:

.listing, .listing2, .even, .odd
{
font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
background:black;
color:#999;
padding-left: 1px;
margin: 0px;
border-top:solid 1px #333;
}

Replace it with this:
(.odd has been removed from the first section and a new section has been added for .odd with background set to dark gray)

.listing, .listing2, .even
{
background:black;
}
.odd
{
background:#111;
}

Some SlimServer developer will hopefully give you an answer if this can be included in the distribution, but I suspect the Fishbone skin has been designed to not have different colors on odd and even rows.

Ur[s]uS
2007-04-29, 03:06
I have a request for the fishbone skin (which is my favorite).

How hard would it be to alternate background color every other row when displaying a list? Its a bit hard for my old eyes to follow a line across the screen to select one of the buttons.

Here's what I mean:

Artists

Artist1
Artist2
Artist3
Artist4

If rows 1 & 3 where current color, and 2 & 4 were a slightly lighter shade, it would be much easier to follow across to the play, next, add to playlist & delete buttons.

This would also help on the playlist panel.

=Mike=

in 6.5.2 the row over which your mouse hovers is highlighted, which is just as effective i think
try it out
i agree that something like this or what you suggest improves the user experience

kdf
2007-04-29, 09:08
There is a highlighting feature in the 6.5.2. builds to address this
kind of problem.
Moving the mouse over the list will highlight the active row.

-kdf

Paul_B
2007-04-29, 11:47
I like the new addition of the highlighting in 6.5.2, but one possible improvement would be that when highlighted the entire row becomes a hyper-link rather than having to move the mouse over the text to select the item.

Skittler
2007-04-30, 04:57
Different sections of the text (and the icons of course) are clickable for different reasons, so you don't want the whole row as one link.