PDA

View Full Version : Logitech at HE2007

dugbee
2007-04-27, 08:07
Hi all,

I see that Logitech is going to be at HE2007. (Home Entertainment Show in NYC, May 11th - May 13th) Any ideas if Logitech will have Squeezeboxes to show off?

JimC
2007-04-27, 08:11
Hi all,

I see that Logitech is going to be at HE2007. (Home Entertainment Show in NYC, May 11th - May 13th) Any ideas if Logitech will have Squeezeboxes to show off?

If I recall the booth plan correctly, both Squeezebox and Transporter will be on display at the show.

ftlight
2007-04-27, 09:54
dugbee wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I see that Logitech is going to be at HE2007. (Home Entertainment Show
> in NYC, May 11th - May 13th) Any ideas if Logitech will have
> Squeezeboxes to show off?

Be nice if they'd offer comp tickets to list members.

--
Bill Burns
Long Island NY USA
http://ftldesign.com

JJZolx
2007-04-27, 10:05
If I recall the booth plan correctly, both Squeezebox and Transporter will be on display at the show.

It sounds like nobody from the Logitech Streaming Media Systems Business Unit will be on hand. Will the devices only be on display, or will they actually be demoed?

Jez
2007-04-27, 10:49
I'll be at HES along with one the guys from the BU.

We're planning to have one room with Transporter as a 'listening room' and then another room with Squeezebox as part of more general Home Theater set up to show both the SB and the Harmony remotes.

We'll also have a third room but that will be more for business meetings if you see it on listings.

I'm looking forward to meeting some folks from the community so do please try to drop by if you can.

JJZolx
2007-04-27, 11:09
Jez Hildred
Business Manager Streaming Music Systems
Logitech

So is the business unit "Streaming _Music_ Systems" or "Streaming _Media_ Systems", as in Sean Adams' title?

Is there really a formal business unit, or is it just what's left of Slim Devices?

dugbee
2007-04-27, 11:12
I'll be at HES along with one the guys from the BU.

We're planning to have one room with Transporter as a 'listening room' and then another room with Squeezebox as part of more general Home Theater set up to show both the SB and the Harmony remotes.

We'll also have a third room but that will be more for business meetings if you see it on listings.

I'm looking forward to meeting some folks from the community so do please try to drop by if you can.

So does this mean we can talk to you about getting an advanced, non-wizard, offline configuration interface to our Harmony remotes?
:)

seanadams
2007-04-27, 13:12
So is the business unit "Streaming _Music_ Systems" or "Streaming _Media_ Systems", as in Sean Adams' title?

Our group is called Streaming Media Systems, and we are a "business unit" of Logitech, similar to webcams, for example. The role of a business unit includes engineering, marketing, and tech support for a particular category of products. Generally speaking, sales and PR functions are not handled directly by the BU, but by Logitech's regional sales teams (America, Europe, etc).

Jez
2007-04-27, 13:18

You got me . . . should have been 'Media'

Jez
2007-04-27, 13:19
So does this mean we can talk to you about getting an advanced, non-wizard, offline configuration interface to our Harmony remotes?
:)

There will be Harmony folks there so you can definitely talk to them.

drauch
2007-04-27, 14:26
If people see the SB and the Harmony 1000 together there are bound to be questions about why they aren't more integrated. It was the first thing to cross my mind once news of the acquisition was announced. I hope this is something Logitech is aware of.