PDA

View Full Version : New Remote

MillmoorRon
2007-04-25, 13:15
Ordered a new (backlit) remote 17:50 BST Monday, arrived in the UK 10:50 BST Wednesday.

Very impressed with both the remote and the speed of delivery.

This is a quality remote to match the build of the Squeezebox itself. I always thought the original SB3 remote was a bit cheap in comparison...

crooner
2007-04-25, 21:53
I also ordered one for my SB2.
Indeed, it's a thing of beauty. Very worthwhile upgrade, in my opinion.

Diana
2007-04-25, 23:17
Have you got a link to this? Can't find it on the site. Thanks

MillmoorRon
2007-04-26, 00:51
On the 'Buy now!' tab there is a section for accessories!

mr-b
2007-04-26, 03:24
Apart from the obvious, how are the backlit remotes different from the SB3 originals? They look identical to me from the pics.

killie99
2007-04-26, 05:55
Ordered a new (backlit) remote 17:50 BST Monday, arrived in the UK 10:50 BST Wednesday.

Very impressed with both the remote and the speed of delivery.

This is a quality remote to match the build of the Squeezebox itself. I always thought the original SB3 remote was a bit cheap in comparison...

Did you get hit with import duty/vat? If so how much was it?

mflint
2007-04-26, 06:22
Did you get hit with import duty/vat? If so how much was it?
It might be a little early to ask that question.... when I bought my Kurobox from the US, the import duty bill didn't arrive until a month after the Kuro itself!

Matthew

azinck3
2007-04-26, 06:49
Apart from the obvious, how are the backlit remotes different from the SB3 originals? They look identical to me from the pics.

The remote currently shipping with the SB3 *is* the same as the backlit remotes (save for the backlight functionality). But all of us who bought squeezeboxes before about November 2006 have a different remote. The new remote is a nice upgrade from the old one.

discocarp
2007-04-26, 07:19
The remote currently shipping with the SB3 *is* the same as the backlit remotes (save for the backlight functionality). But all of us who bought squeezeboxes before about November 2006 have a different remote. The new remote is a nice upgrade from the old one.

I have one of each remote (2 sb3's and a transporter). In order from best to worst imo:

1. backlit
2. "new" sb3 remote
3. "old" sb3 remote

I've been thinking about picking up another backlit for the bedroom SB3.

The only thing I don't like is the backlit remote only lights up the icons not the text. This is only ever a problem when I am trying to type in text with the remote for searches in the dark, which isn't that often.

chris.mason
2007-04-26, 08:19
Anybody know where you can order the handsets from in the UK?

nolan
2007-04-26, 08:49

Direct from Slim Devices and they ship internationally.

I did this for the backlit remote and was as impressed as MillmoorRon is

MillmoorRon
2007-04-26, 09:55
The only thing I don't like is the backlit remote only lights up the icons not the text. This is only ever a problem when I am trying to type in text with the remote for searches in the dark, which isn't that often.

This was my only gripe!

Will probably end up being 30 after conversion. No duty paid.

wnshall
2007-04-26, 12:32
I have one of each remote (2 sb3's and a transporter). In order from best to worst imo:

1. backlit
2. "new" sb3 remote
3. "old" sb3 remote

What's new or different about the "new" remote that makes you like it better than the "old" remote?

-Steve

BigEars
2007-04-26, 12:41

I got mine from these, GBP 22 all in, at: -

http://www.ripcaster.co.uk/

Paul

azinck3
2007-04-26, 12:53
What's new or different about the "new" remote that makes you like it better than the "old" remote?

-Steve

Buttons are the same...the old one's just smaller and feels cheaper. Purely a matter of aesthetics.

Anne
2007-04-26, 13:32
I thought I should order the backlit, agree that light in the text field would have been very nice indeed, but you cant have everything can you ?
Anyway, I must have the "old" remote, I feel its a bit cheap, and it squeeks, makes plastic noises, when you handle it, not very nice....