PDA

View Full Version : Turtle Radio goes the way of all good things

Michaelwagner
2007-04-25, 10:17
For those few Audiotron fans left on the planet, you should know that Turtle Radio is being killed off.

More info here:
http://support.turtlebeach.com/site/kb_ftp/114.asp

bklaas
2007-04-25, 11:33
I had an Audiotron. It wasn't bad, but it was no squeezebox. One of the things that bothered me greatly when I owned it was the reliance on TurtleRadio for internet streams, and look at what happened now...

Oh well...I moved UP to the squeezebox several years ago and never really looked back.

There is one thing I miss...the KNOB. LOVE THE KNOB. Not the first time I've mentioned it around here...I half-wonder if my endless KNOB rants had anything to do with that big shiny one on the Transporter...

#!/ben

kdf
2007-04-25, 11:44
Ben, are you really sure you want to know they were thinking of your knob when they designed Transporter??
-kdf

2007-04-25, 16:12
> There is one thing I miss...the KNOB. LOVE THE KNOB. Not the first time
> I've mentioned it around here

The knob is a great interface. IMHO, It's a big part of what the clickwheel is on the iPod, and the interface is what makes the iPod my portable player of choice.

I'm hoping the mythical SB4 has SB3 guts, 2 screens and a knob. My ears don't justify a Transporter, but I like the dual screens and knob and I'd love to have one in my den.

Kevin

bklaas
2007-04-25, 16:43
> There is one thing I miss...the KNOB. LOVE THE KNOB. Not the first time
> I've mentioned it around here

I'm hoping the mythical SB4 has SB3 guts, 2 screens and a knob. My ears don't justify a Transporter, but I like the dual screens and knob and I'd love to have one in my den.

Kevin

Seconded.

And KDF, I LOVE people talking about my KNOB. I'm weird that way...

Mark Lanctot
2007-04-25, 16:48
And KDF, I LOVE people talking about my KNOB. I'm weird that way...

I like the KNOB very much. But I usually don't touch it, preferring to stay across the room with my remote.