PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Players

brucegrr
2007-04-21, 18:22
I am fixing to order another Squeezebox and I would like to know if there are any special set up considerations I should be aware of when using two players?

One Squeezebox will be wired and the other wireless. The new one is going to be in a bedroom connected to a set of powered speakers.

Any help, suggestions.....greatly appreciated.

Bruce

SuperQ
2007-04-21, 19:16
I am fixing to order another Squeezebox and I would like to know if there are any special set up considerations I should be aware of when using two players?

One Squeezebox will be wired and the other wireless. The new one is going to be in a bedroom connected to a set of powered speakers.

Any help, suggestions.....greatly appreciated.

Bruce

Nothing special, it will just work.

mortslim
2007-04-22, 09:31
assign a different name for each one on the squeezenetwork

also re powered speakers, there are threads about using those: a separate preamp (or at least some type of volume control) is recommended to control volume but not required so that you can keep the squeezebox on its highest volume and control volume with the preamp or volume control on the speaker themselves or on a mixer. If you don't do this, you run the risk that the squeezebox might all of a sudden go to its highest volume on its own in a snafu situation and then your neighbors might knock on your door.

"fixing" ?

brucegrr
2007-04-22, 09:47
Mortslim,

Fixing-a southern or Appalachian word for planning.

16 years pastoring country Churches in the hills of SE Ohio left me with some language hang overs :)

Mark Lanctot
2007-04-22, 10:17
also re powered speakers, there are threads about using those: a separate preamp (or at least some type of volume control) is recommended to control volume but not required so that you can keep the squeezebox on its highest volume and control volume with the preamp or volume control on the speaker themselves or on a mixer. If you don't do this, you run the risk that the squeezebox might all of a sudden go to its highest volume on its own in a snafu situation and then your neighbors might knock on your door.

Most powered speakers have a volume control - this acts as a preamp.

The concern is going directly into a power amp then into unpowered speakers. Then, you should use a preamp or (ideally) fixed attenuators.