PDA

View Full Version : Configuring SB3 through a VPN

jotap_66
2007-04-21, 01:56
Hi:

Since three months ago, I have been listening my SB3 from my home using a server installed in my work. Now the network in my work has changed an I need a VPN client to connect from my home. My computer has a VPN client but I dont find a VPN client for my SB3....How can I solve this...? I heard something about tunneling, but I have no idea if this is correct and how to do it

With many thanks in advance

JP

jotap_66
2007-04-23, 06:12
Then...Is this possible?

JP

tommyz
2007-04-23, 06:17
You need a VPN capable router. I use draytek routers which support this, but I suppose that there are more..

ciao, TommyZ

jotap_66
2007-04-23, 09:43
You need a VPN capable router. I use draytek routers which support this, but I suppose that there are more..

ciao, TommyZ

Thank you very much...I have a Linksys WRT54GL router...

JP

Mark Lanctot
2007-04-23, 10:22
Thank you very much...I have a Linksys WRT54GL router...

Not sure if the stock Linksys firmware can, but DD-WRT does have this option (never used it though).

jotap_66
2007-04-23, 10:40
Not sure if the stock Linksys firmware can, but DD-WRT does have this option (never used it though).

I am not sure...The stock firmware talks about the VPN passthrough while the DD-WRT has a version with a OpenVPN Client.. I think that I need this later, but I am not sure.

Thank you

JP

JJZolx
2007-04-23, 11:00
You can also set up a VPN endpoint on a computer on your home network. Perhaps the same VPN client that you use on your work PC may accomplish this. If your SlimServer isn't overloaded it may be ideal for this purpose.

jotap_66
2007-04-23, 12:36
You can also set up a VPN endpoint on a computer on your home network. Perhaps the same VPN client that you use on your work PC may accomplish this. If your SlimServer isn't overloaded it may be ideal for this purpose.

Thank you....Is there any guide or book to do this...?

JP

JJZolx
2007-04-23, 12:45
Thank you....Is there any guide or book to do this...?

If you can find some sort of manual for the VPN client software that would be the place to look. Or if you're already familiar with the software then just poke around.