PDA

View Full Version : Shipping to Canada

taldavid2
2007-04-19, 11:14
Hello everyone.

Im interested in getting a Squeezebox directly from Slim Devices but I am a little bit worried about the Duties/Fees and the UPS fees that I may have to pay.

I'm just wondering about the experiences of any fellow Canucks who have ordered directly from Slim.

Thanks Everyone!

Oh, and I live in Toronto, Ontario.

spooley
2007-04-19, 11:47
I received my SB3 a couple of months ago. No duties, just the GST plus the shipping charge in the amount stated on the order form. I assum you will have to pay PST too (I didn't since I am in Calgary).

nicketynick
2007-04-19, 12:22
YOU WILL DEFINITELY PAY PST! Sorry for shouting, but it caught me by surprise. For some reason UPS didn't charge me the PST when I took delivery of the SB3s, they sent me a bill afterwards - a bit of a nasty shock! (and then I didn't pay it right away because of the inconvenience, and then they threatened to send the bill to a collection agency...... not what I call a good customer experience!)

Nostromo
2007-04-19, 12:33
Why don't you buy it in Toronto?

Rick B.
2007-04-19, 12:57
I bought my SB last December in Toronto at the CD-Rom Store on Danforth Ave:

http://www.cdromstore.com/

325xi
2007-04-19, 13:35
I found it's cheaper to get it locally, got it from shopRBC.com

taldavid2
2007-04-19, 14:57
Hi, thanks for all the replies!!

I see that they have a sale on the white model for 249$, which would be +/- 300$CAN all in I belive, with PST/GST taxes.

I'm just worried about brokerage fees etc...

I haven't seen it cheaper around Toronto, but I haven't really looked around too much.

Thanks again!

BigBirdy
2007-04-19, 19:02
We also carry the SB and TP in BC and have shipped as far as Nova
Scotia...they sell like hotcakes

spooley wrote:
> I received my SB3 a couple of months ago. No duties, just the GST plus
> the shipping charge in the amount stated on the order form. I assum
> you will have to pay PST too (I didn't since I am in Calgary).
>
>
>

--
*Johnny Stork
Open Enterprise Solutions*
/"Empowering Business With Open Solutions"/
http://www.openenterprise.ca

*Photography and Multimedia*
http://www.dreamscapemedia.ca

*Open Source News*
http://www.opensourcenews.ca

Eric Carroll
2007-04-19, 21:05
I found it's cheaper to get it locally, got it from shopRBC.com

I agree. I bought my SB3s and Transporter from shopRBC. They have great service and good prices.

Watch out for UPS brokerage fees. I got slaughtered on importing a simple DRAM stick for my NV+. UPS has a nasty border clearance fee that can be a very high percentage of the cost of the actual purchase.

Rick B.
2007-04-20, 05:07
The CD-Rom store in Toronto and shoprbc.com both are selling the SB3 for $349 CAD.

325xi
2007-04-20, 08:10
Hi, thanks for all the replies!!

I see that they have a sale on the white model for 249$, which would be +/- 300$CAN all in I belive, with PST/GST taxes.

I'm just worried about brokerage fees etc...

I haven't seen it cheaper around Toronto, but I haven't really looked around too much.

Thanks again!

Now add shipping and you're back into about $340 CAD... You can get any color for that money here.

Upgradealways
2007-04-21, 04:33
I bought one my SB direct through Slim`s web site. I chose UPS Canada Express (the only way to go if you use UPS). This service already includes brokerage fees so no surprises and the price are fairly good . I only got to pay GST (no PST in Alberta) and, the unit was at my door 14 hours after I placed my order.

slimkid
2007-04-21, 06:55
I bought one my SB direct through Slim`s web site. I chose UPS Canada Express (the only way to go if you use UPS). This service already includes brokerage fees so no surprises and the price are fairly good . I only got to pay GST (no PST in Alberta) and, the unit was at my door 14 hours after I placed my order.

And the total price was ...?

Eric Carroll
2007-04-23, 10:55
I chose UPS Canada Express (the only way to go if you use UPS).

I have never seen this service before. Thanks for the reference.