PDA

View Full Version : Alarms stopped working

grimholtz
2007-04-18, 17:27
Hi,

Alarms stopped working on Monday and haven't worked since. I didn't change anything. I use SqueezeNetwork almost exclusively, but for kicks I thought I'd connect to my SlimServer, configure alarms there, and see if that works. No luck. I've tried different playlists for the alarms--some on Pandora, some Natural Sounds, some local MP3s. Nothing works. On SN, I tried playlists on Pandora, Natural Sounds, and Sound Effects.

Note that I didn't change anything. I've been using SN exclusively for the last month. Any ideas?

SB3 Firmware Version 69
SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 10879 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
SqueezeNetwork r760, 2007-04-10

Thanks,
grimholtz

edit: I tested SN alarms on another SB3 that I don't use very frequently. It works fine. Why would one work but not the other?

Mark Lanctot
2007-04-18, 20:12
How did you set the alarm time? I find that setting it from the web interface sometimes doesn't work. I found that you have to enter a "0" before the number, i.e. if you want 6:45, type "06:45 AM". It sometimes misinterpreted what I typed unless I did it like that.

However it was very evident, the "echo back" change notification at the top of the page was all wrong.

It worked better setting it from the player.

I'm sure there's a debug setting you can set, but I'm not sure which one.

Do you see the little alarm bell in the display?

grimholtz
2007-04-19, 05:43
Hi Mark, thanks for the reply.

I set the alarm from the web interface without a leading zero. I'll try it with a leading zero. Yes, there is the alarm bell in the upper-right of the SB3. There's a debug setting where--on the SN website? On the SB3?

edit: I don't see how I can select a leading zero on the SN website...

Mark Lanctot
2007-04-19, 06:58
There's a debug setting where--on the SN website? On the SB3?

edit: I don't see how I can select a leading zero on the SN website...

Oh - I thought you were doing this over SS, not SN?

No idea for SN. My comments were for SS.

grimholtz
2007-04-19, 10:30
Did a factory reset and that didn't fix the issue :(
Might it help if I delete the player from SN and re-add it?