PDA

View Full Version : Random play sometimes repeats tracks?

Mr_Sukebe
2007-04-18, 01:55
I have a slightly odd scenario with my SB.
Whilst it plays wonderfully, the random play option has a little left to be desired.
Sometimes when I leave it running, it'll simply repeat the same track. Sometimes when I hit "next track" on the remote, it'll simply replay the existing track. The issue is sporadic.

I'm guessing that this is something to do with config settings, though mine are pretty much as standard.
Any thoughts? I see that there might be a newer version of the Slimserver software, is that worth trying?

I'm running slimserver on a fairly fast XP PC with plenty of RAM. Connection is via wireless.

Diana
2007-04-18, 11:38
I have a slightly odd scenario with my SB.
Whilst it plays wonderfully, the random play option has a little left to be desired. ...I'm guessing that this is something to do with config settings, though mine are pretty much as standard.

Have you set 'Add new items when old ones finish' in Server Settings / Random Mix?

Mr_Sukebe
2007-04-25, 06:59
Have you set 'Add new items when old ones finish' in Server Settings / Random Mix?

Diana,

Yep, that setting is ticked, eventually found it.

mswlogo
2007-04-25, 07:50
Mr Sukbe,

I think you may be running into issues that I did with the remote mappings. They are really poor in my opinion. Way to many functions on one key depending on how long you hold it and how fast you tap it.

Once I split the functions on the FF/RW keys to seperate buttons it behaved MUCH better.