PDA

View Full Version : Error: Can't connect to retrieve playlist

pedalvet
2007-04-15, 16:43
When trying to play any internet radio station saved as a favorite, I get the above mentioned error.

I've been searching like crazy, and can't seem to find the answer.

I can play anything else from my library with no problem.

Can anybody help?

Arthur Dent
2007-04-27, 00:29
I have the same problem. None of my radio stations will connect including AlienBBC stations. Music from my music folder plays without problems and I can connect to the Squeezenetwork and play radio stations from there.

Reinstalling slimserver 6.5.1 solves the problem momentarily, but the problem returns after sometime.

Deleting the slimserver.pref file and removing the cache folder as outlined in this thread by Skipperrik has the same effect:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=31997&highlight=radio

I have tried to disable the firewall and antivirus but to no avail. Can anybody help?

sparkling
2007-06-14, 11:54
Anyone any ideas?

SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11206 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.0.2
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
AlienBBC 1.06

From debugging:

ERROR: Async: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.bbc.co.uk

ERROR: scanRemoteURL: Can't connect to remote server to retrieve playlist: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.bbc.co.uk.

ERROR: scanRemoteURL: Can't connect to remote server to retrieve playlist: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.bbc.co.uk.

jan80
2007-08-02, 07:13
Same problem here I think. I can play internetradio from SlimPicks for example, but I cannot play other stations via the "Tune In URL" menu.
I always get the error: "Error: Can't connect to retrieve playlist"

For exmaple, the URL
http://64.235.213.21:80/CFOXFM
is fine with Linux/MPlayer, while Squeezebox refuses to play it.

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12361 - Linux - EN - iso-8859-1
Perl Version: 5.8.7 ppc-linux
MySQL Version: 5.0.18

Is there any solution for this?