Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • awy
    • Sep 2006

Play control point

For SB2/3/Transporter, I presume that play control acts at the output-buffer -> DAC interface and not at the (logical) network-buffer -> decoder interface. Also, as soon as there is data in the network buffer, the decoder will start decoding it and filling the output buffer. Can someone please confirm this or otherwise put me right?
  • awy
    • Sep 2006

Help really appreciated

It would really help to get an answer to the question above. I do not have an SB or Transporter myself and so cannot test it directly.

I'm working on improving the multi-player sync. I have it working pretty well with a pair of SliMP3s and have a design that, I hope, will cover all players but I'm missing a couple of bits of important info.

At some stage I would also be intersted in hearing from someone who would like to test a set of diffs with SB2s/SB3s or a mixed network. Upcoming holidays mean that this is unlikely to be for about 4-5 weeks.

Alan.

Comment

• rtitmuss
      Senior Software Engineer - Logitech/Slim Devices
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by awy
      For SB2/3/Transporter, I presume that play control acts at the output-buffer -> DAC interface and not at the (logical) network-buffer -> decoder interface. Also, as soon as there is data in the network buffer, the decoder will start decoding it and filling the output buffer. Can someone please confirm this or otherwise put me right?
      In the current Squeezebox and Transporter firmware the play control acts at the decoder interface. The decoder does not start until the play command is received, or while the player is paused. It is likely this behavior will change in a future firmware as a fix for a couple of bugs Ogg and 96k FLAC sync bugs, but as yet I have not looked at how feasible this change would be.

Richard

Comment

• awy
        • Sep 2006

Thanks.

Does that mean that the player will keep playing while there is data in the output buffer, even when paused? Or is it simply the case that the decoder will not start decoding and filling the output buffer at the start of a stream until play mode is first entered?

Alan.

Comment

• rtitmuss
          Senior Software Engineer - Logitech/Slim Devices
          • Apr 2005

When the player is paused then playback will stop, even if there is data in the output buffer. The decoder only starts when play mode is entered.

Richard

Comment

Working...