PDA

View Full Version : Automatically Start and Stop SB3 at certain times

jjwrecker
2007-04-12, 14:53
Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically start and stop the SB3 at specific times? I have some outdoor speakers that I want to have come on and off at certain times without me having to run to the garage to turn on the SB3 every day. If I am out, I also want to make sure they shut off so they donít play all night for the neighbors.

I am aware of the alarm function, but it doesn't have a timeout duration (which would have worked perfectly).

I would like to program it to turn on all (or some) days at 4:00pm and turn off at 7:00pm. Does anyone have any tips?

Ian_F
2007-04-12, 14:59
I'm afraid I've no idea if there is a way or not, but incase there isn't, how about plugging the SB3 into a mains socket timer?

jjwrecker
2007-04-12, 15:04
The only issue what that is once power is returned at a certain time, how does the SB3 know to turn on and select a favorite?

JJZolx
2007-04-12, 15:05
Does anyone know if it is possible to automatically start and stop the SB3 at specific times? I have some outdoor speakers that I want to have come on and off at certain times without me having to run to the garage to turn on the SB3 every day. If I am out, I also want to make sure they shut off so they donít play all night for the neighbors.

I am aware of the alarm function, but it doesn't have a timeout duration (which would have worked perfectly).

I would like to program it to turn on all (or some) days at 4:00pm and turn off at 7:00pm. Does anyone have any tips?
Unless you plan on playing some sort of random mode, just about any solution will need a playlist to be designated. So create a number of three hour long playlists and use the alarm function.

azinck3
2007-04-12, 15:09

KDF's advanced alarm plugin can do this:
http://www.deane-freeman.com/slimserver/