PDA

View Full Version : Setup lock code?

grimholtz
2007-04-09, 16:15
I briefly searched the forums for "setup lock code" and didn't see a thread about this. Forgive me if I missed it.

I recently moved a SB to a new location, unplugging its ethernet interface and wanting to use its wireless capability. When I turn the unit on, I get prompted with: "Problem: Ethernet appears disconnected. Please check your network connection." When I scroll left, I get this prompt: "Enter setup lock code:" with 4 asterisks. No matter what I enter, I'm told the lock code is invalid.

How do I get rid of this lock?

thanks,
grimholtz

Ross L
2007-04-09, 17:41
I haven't heard of this... Maybe try a factory reset, hold the ADD button on the remote while plugging the power in. What version Squeezebox?

grimholtz
2007-04-09, 18:47
I haven't heard of this... Maybe try a factory reset, hold the ADD button on the remote while plugging the power in. What version Squeezebox?

If you tell me how to determine the SB version, I'll gladly post it. I can also take photos of the two screens on the SB before I do a factory reset, if you like, and post them. Let me know.

Ross L
2007-04-09, 18:49
You don't have to post pictures, I believe you! I just haven't heard of it, but I haven't been here that long so it's probably just before my time.

Model number is on the sticker on the bottom. It will say either Squeezebox, Squeezebox V2 or Squeezebox V3. Let us know how it goes.

grimholtz
2007-04-09, 19:16
Oh, you want the *model* number... For some reason, I thought you meant the version of slimserver that I was running. It's a SqueezeBox 3.

Ross L
2007-04-10, 11:12
Yea I was just curious. Did the factory reset work?

mboe
2007-04-18, 12:08
Hi,

I have the same issue since yesterday on both of my SqueezeBoxes (V3, WiredOnly). Factory reset did not work!

Obtaining IP address via DHCP works. Communication with SlimServer seems to fail (host computer is up and running and SoftSqueeze works without any problems within the LAN). Any hints?

grimholtz
2007-04-19, 10:29
Factory reset worked for me.

Loki69
2007-09-24, 14:47
the default Lock Code is 0000 unless you have changed it