PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Scanning Library

tomkiki
2007-04-08, 13:21
I have a problem that just cropped up. I have lost my file listings in Slim Server. I can go to the individual music folders and select the files to play and they do play. But when I rescan my Music Library, the interface says it is scanning for new music, but it never gets very far. In fact it does not list a single file. Initially it starts scanning my hard drive but all activity stops within a few seconds. I have two 500 GIG USB hard drives that are dedicated to my music files. One is nearly full and the other is about half full.

my set up is:
SlimServer Version: 6.5.2 - 11734 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.XX.X
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt

My system was working just fine, then yesterday it bombed out on a file I was playing, the Slim Interface stated that it was rebuffering (0%). I uninstalled the server software and reinstalled it. When uninstalling it could not delete the SCANNER.EXE program due to being used by some process. I stopped the process and was able to manually delete it. Then reinstalling the slim server, I got the same results, scanning the library does not produce any results. The odd thing is that I can go to the individual files and add them to the play list, and they play just fine, they are also added to my Music Library.

Are there some security setting that needs to be set? I'm at a loss as to what I should do.

cherryplinth
2007-04-08, 21:14
I ran into a similar problem yesterday with SlimServer 6.5.1. My rescan function suddenly stopped working. I thought the problem was caused by some clumbsy install work I did on some plug-ins, but that was just a guess. I was able to fix the problem by reinstlling 6.5.1. Works fine now.

tomkiki
2007-04-11, 08:54
The problem was that there was a shortcut in the subfolders that caused a circular reference. Removing that shortcut fixed the problem and the scanning now works the way it always has.

I have to give kudos to the tech support folks at Logitech, they responded quickly, within 24 hours, and thought it was a problem with a shortcut.

sparkling
2007-05-28, 10:08
I've the same problem as Tomkiki but I've checked my shortcuts. I'm scanning but nothing is found. I can't remember from previous initial scans whether I see albums appear as they are found (after refreshing)?!? I don't need to wait for the scan to finish, do I?
I've had my SB for ages but this is a reinstallation on a new buld and I feel like I'm back to being a newbie again. :(
Any suggestions?
Cheers...

SlimServer Version: 6.5.3 - 12144 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.0.6
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt