PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Encrypt Failure - Airport Extreme

Buick
2007-04-08, 12:10
wireless encrpt failure same - airport extreme
I'm using a new router - airport extreme and I've tried all of the support recomendations - from reset to no encrpt etc --- and verified it works wired. PLease help. I had problems with getting wireless consistent connection with my old router -- thought it was the router - even though the connection was >85% all the time... Now I've purchased a top of the line airport and it loves all other devices. Can you advise on solution? I use count of 13 for password -- i turned firewall off etc etc. THanks - Pretty desperate as i purchased this beginning of the year and probably been able to use it for 12 hours..... Thanks.

Buick
2007-04-08, 12:11
Forgot to say that I'm on a mac OS X software. Thanks for any help.

Spies
2007-04-09, 13:58
Buick, have you tried temporarily turning wireless security off on the AirPort Extreme and seeing if you can connect successfully?

I was also curious exactly what hardware you have. Is it an SB3 and the new AirPort Extreme 802.11n perhaps?

Buick
2007-04-21, 08:32
I got it fixed... yes to your question about latest 802.11n etc.
I started at the beginning -- unplugging everything -- cable modem- airport -- SB -- and did a complete start up -- cable modem reset -- airport etc.
I turned OFF all security -- but previously the SB kept prompting for the security even though it was off [and I did a reset on SB which did not - despite HELP telling me that it has to completely reset - it would keep asking for password. SO starting anew - renaming the network - basestation etc -- each with distinct password -- NO security ON.... it has worked. Airport extreme has some minor quirkiness -- 'flashing amber' details on mac forums etc. But the SB also has some... so hopefully someone else will 'start' fresh rather than trying to work through all kinds of elimination issues... Thank you for the help.