PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Transporter Hooked Up - Need Your Help

Sword1
2007-04-02, 20:19
We were recently trying to install slimserver software and we ran into an error. The error is when you try to double click on the icon in the system tray or single click and select "open slim server". The message that pops up is:

Windows cannot find 'SlimServer Web Interface.url'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and the click search.

After following the direction to search for 'SlimServer Web Interface.url' I was able to access the configuration software.

After configuring the software I tried to point it to a network drive. I tried mapping a drive and also going to a direct URL but the field kept going back to a local drive (in this case drive h: which is the boot/system drive).

Is the slim server software able to map to a networked drive and is there anyway to fix the problem with they icon in the system tray?

davep
2007-04-02, 22:47
For the drive path mapping issue, take a look at this thread which might help you.
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=33228

The tray icon can be confused with being a link to the "program" as it can be with many Windows apps. Slimserver is what it says, a server, and does not have a conventional program interface - the access to the server status and its configurations is done via your web browser. You open a browser window and point it to http://localhost:9000/ and that should open page which allows you to enter the various setup sections and to look at, select, play and sort your music collection.

Hope this helps,
davep

SuperQ
2007-04-02, 22:54
After configuring the software I tried to point it to a network drive. I tried mapping a drive and also going to a direct URL but the field kept going back to a local drive (in this case drive h: which is the boot/system drive).

Is the slim server software able to map to a networked drive and is there anyway to fix the problem with they icon in the system tray?

you need to map a drive letter, and then change the slimserver to use that drive. I don't think the slimserver will understand the direct network mapping (like \\machine\share\).

I would un-install the slimserver and reboot (to clear any running versions). Make sure it is removed from C:\Program Files\ and then re-install 6.5.1.