PDA

View Full Version : Slimserver 6.5.1 not displaying artist on current song

beels
2007-04-02, 11:11
My artist names are not displaying in the Slimserver playlist, but only for current and just-played songs. Future songs in the playlist show the proper information. Then, when the next song starts playing, its artist info. vanishes from both the SlimServer localhost webpage and the Transporter or SoftSqueeze.

I first noticed this on my Transporter's right visulizer screen, but then realized it was also happening on my Squeezebox, SoftSqueeze, and SlimServer localhost page. I restarted everything and forced a firmware upgrade for the TP (before realizing that the SlimServer was also not displaying the information.)

I'm running SlimServer on a WinXP which accesses the FLAC files from a different networked WinXP PC. TP and SB are wireless, everything else is ethernet. The SlimServer PC also runs SSH which I use to stream mp3 to work using Tunnelier and Softsqueeze.

Seems like a SlimServer issue. Has anyone seen this before? Any thoughts?

kdf
2007-04-02, 11:50
Quoting beels <beels.2ofd2z1175537701 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>:

> Seems like a SlimServer issue. Has anyone seen this before? Any
> thoughts?

There are some known tagging issues with 6.5.1 that can cause this.
Have you tried the nightly builds?:

http://www.slimdevices.com/dev_nightly.html

-kdf

Ur[s]uS
2007-04-02, 12:33
My artist names are not displaying in the Slimserver playlist, but only for current and just-played songs. Future songs in the playlist show the proper information. Then, when the next song starts playing, its artist info. vanishes from both the SlimServer localhost webpage and the Transporter or SoftSqueeze.

I first noticed this on my Transporter's right visulizer screen, but then realized it was also happening on my Squeezebox, SoftSqueeze, and SlimServer localhost page. I restarted everything and forced a firmware upgrade for the TP (before realizing that the SlimServer was also not displaying the information.)

I'm running SlimServer on a WinXP which accesses the FLAC files from a different networked WinXP PC. TP and SB are wireless, everything else is ethernet. The SlimServer PC also runs SSH which I use to stream mp3 to work using Tunnelier and Softsqueeze.

Seems like a SlimServer issue. Has anyone seen this before? Any thoughts?

i had it - then switched to 6.5.2 nightly, from a week ago, which is very stable for me - meaning it works perfectly for everything i have asked it to do (play MP3, FLAC on three SB3s, display art on browser, both laptop and N770, play streams with AlienBBC) - unqualified recommendation

beels
2007-04-03, 11:36
Thank you for the information on the nightly build. I updated to last night's 6.5.2, but unfortunatly, I still have the problem.

When I use the web interface, or the Transporter or Softsqueeze visualizer screen, to scroll forward, the artist name is displayed. Shortly after I select Play, however, the artist name disappears.

beels
2007-04-05, 18:59
I got my problem fixed by doing an uninstall of 6.5.2 (which I had installed over 6.5.1 in an attempt to fix the artist name display issue), then did a clean install of the April 5 release 6.5.2 nightly build.

So I now can see the artist names again.

Thank you!