PDA

View Full Version : Warren Zevon Remasters

mrfantasy
2007-03-30, 18:46
Rhino has released "Excitable Boy", "Stand In the Fire" and "The Envoy" as remasters with bonus tracks. The latter two make their first appearance on CD this week. All three are essential listening for any Zevon fan.

Kyle
2007-04-01, 03:49
Rhino has released "Excitable Boy", "Stand In the Fire" and "The Envoy" as remasters with bonus tracks. The latter two make their first appearance on CD this week. All three are essential listening for any Zevon fan.

Thanks. I had all three of those on vinyl. I was searching for "Stand in the Fire" not long ago.

earthbased
2007-04-04, 11:59

I just got them in the mail! Can't wait to listen to them as Zevon fans have been saying the mixing/mastering done has resulted in excellent sound. Send the Envoy...Anyone remember Warren on the Today Show discussing the Middle East problems when "The Envoy" came out? Some things never change!

Kyle
2007-04-04, 12:06
I've got Stand In The Fire on order. Buy.com had one called Stand In The Fire - Remastered for about $10 and another one for $39. What's up with that. (I ordered the $10 version.)

earthbased
2007-04-04, 17:58
I've got Stand In The Fire on order. Buy.com had one called Stand In The Fire - Remastered for about $10 and another one for $39. What's up with that. (I ordered the $10 version.)

the $39 one may have been the Japanese import which was released about a 6 months ago.

Kyle
2007-04-04, 19:24
the $39 one may have been the Japanese import which was released about a 6 months ago.
Ahhhhh ... makes sense. I haven't heard that album in at least 10 years. Looking forward to it. Looking for James Taylor.

Phil Leigh
2007-04-08, 00:57
Great remastering job on Excitable - the guitars are much clearer now...
and thank goodness we finally have The Envoy on CD.

mrfantasy
2007-04-08, 12:46
Yeah they're really well done remasters. And the music is just so good.

I guess I should pick up the 1975 album and complete my collection.

Kyle
2007-04-10, 07:00
Wow! Stand in the Fire is as good as I remembered. As a live album, it is as high-energy as they come. Even references to Jimmy Carter and the Ayatollah don't seem too outdated in the current world situation. It also adds four very worthy "bonus tracks." Highly recommended to even marginal Zevon fans.