PDA

View Full Version : Sirius Premium Internet and Squeeze Box

Arca
2007-03-30, 08:16
Well my faithfull Audiotron has died, and I am looking for a replacement.

I see that there is a pluggin for Sirius internet radio, but I wanted to know if anyone is using the premium 128kb sirius services with it? If so How do you Like it? Does it log in automatically, is it easy to change channels. D

How is the audio with the squeezebox. The audiotron had a optical out, does the SB?

Thanks for your thoughts.

Mark Lanctot
2007-03-30, 08:24
How is the audio with the squeezebox. The audiotron had a optical out, does the SB?

Both optical and coaxial. See http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_squeezebox.html

Not sure about your other questions, I don't use Sirius.

EnochLight
2007-03-30, 08:26

Thanks for your thoughts.

The audio on the Squeezebox is 2nd to none in it's price category; in a word: amazing. Yes it has optical outs.

As for your Sirius question, I've not tried it (I'm an XM guy). But I've not heard much feedback regarding it. Have you searched the forums with the subject?

Kyle
2007-03-30, 08:45
The plugin developer (and possibly others) is listening the the higher bitrate stream, I believe. Have you checked out this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=20621

GoCubs
2007-03-30, 10:26
The plugin fully supports the high bitrate streams (as long as you're paying for them of course). I'm pretty happy with the quality (its better than what you'd get from a Sirius receiver) and lately I find myself listening to more Sirius content than my own extensive library.

The plugin automatically logs in for you and you can even stream audio to multiple players simultaneously.

The plugin lets you browse by name, channel, genre, presets and by what's currently playing while using the remote. You can also access the plugin via a web page on SlimServer (there are screen snapshots of this on the plugin download page).

Keep in mind there's a free 30day return policy on SqueezeBoxes.

You can also install SlimServer and use SoftSqueeze (a java-based squeezebox emulator) to get an idea what the interface is like (not sure about audio quality while using SoftSqueeze tho) without buying anything.

Go for it, it's awesome!
-Greg

Arca
2007-03-30, 10:59
Wow, placed order and within 1.5 hours, I got an email that it shipped, with tracking number!! I used the LIVE365 code as well and saved 20 bucks.

Thanks for the fast answers, and sorry for not looking through the threads first.

This looks like it will far surpass my Audiotron, which I really cant say a bad thing about, for four or 5 year old technology.

peter
2007-03-30, 11:15
Arca wrote:
> Wow, placed order and within 1.5 hours, I got an email that it shipped,
> with tracking number!! I used the LIVE365 code as well and saved 20
> bucks.
>
> Thanks for the fast answers, and sorry for not looking through the
> threads first.
>
> This looks like it will far surpass my Audiotron, which I really cant
> say a bad thing about, for four or 5 year old technology.
>

FWIW, my 5 year old SliMP3 still runs fine on my SlimServer ;)

Regards,
Peter