PDA

View Full Version : Slimserv does not find iTunes Japanese Music (double byte characters)

trodrigu
2007-03-26, 03:01
ANY HELP WITH THIS ONE FOLKS? Have reimported a few Japanese cds into itunes, and still SlimServ does not see them. Can SlimDevices development team help me?

I have recently switched to iTUNES 7.1.1 with Slimserver 6.5.1 on WinXP Home Ed.
SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11206 - Windows XP - EN - cp1252
Server IP address: 192.168.1.101
Perl Version: 5.8.8 MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
PROBLEM: none of my music with double byte character artists names (Japanese names/Chinese Names) are showing up. I know SS does support double byte b/c I have seen some of this music before iTunes with no problem. This music was not purchased from iTUnes. It is mp3 format, which I used iTunes to convert from WMA format. Don't know if it matters, but I renamed the actual folders in Windows My Computer on all this music from Japanese script to the English equivalents. I did not touch any of the file names of the actual music however.
Have followed all SS instructions. Did not point to any iTunes library xml file or music library as SS and iTUNEs resides on same computer. Music on D:/ and slimserv on E:/. Both HDrives on same computer.