PDA

View Full Version : "Connection timed out" ?

USAudio
2007-03-23, 10:37
Every time I turn on my SqueezeBox3, navigate to a song and try to play that first song the unit pauses and then displays "Connection timed out". However, if I then just hit "Play" the song starts playing immediately and from then on the unit operates normally .

Is this a problem maybe with the SlimServer not waking up properly or something else?

I've had this problem since day 1 and have just ignored it as it's not too big of a deal but if there's a solution, I'd love to hear it!

SqueezeBox 3
SlimServer Version: 6.5.1 - 11206 - Windows XP

Thanks!

snarlydwarf
2007-03-23, 10:44
The menus themselves are all coming from the computer, so Slimserver is alive and kicking.

Could it be something like a "scan-on-open" virus scanner, that every time you open a file it wants to scan it for viruses or something else that slows down file access a bunch?

USAudio
2007-03-26, 19:34
I use McAfee and don't see any such option setup? I have this issue even if the machine isn't really being utilized for anything else.
It seems as if the song is being buffered properly by the SqueezeBox3 as if I hit play immediately after the time messages appears, the song starts immediately playing.
From that point onward, the unit operates normally.