PDA

View Full Version : Help !! How to install slimserver on ubuntu 6.06 (dapper)

thoeng
2007-03-21, 03:59
Hi All,

I have done this before installation but its been ages ago and i have forgotten it. I should start with editing sources.list on etc/apt. But now i can't edit it as it locked with root permission.

Can somebody please help me explain briefly how to install slimserver on ubuntu

mudlark
2007-03-21, 05:02
Hi,
Do you need to stick with dapper or can you upgrade?
M.

bhaagensen
2007-03-21, 05:39
Hi,

I think it should work on dapper, i.e. the version of perl on dapper is 5.8.7 i believe. You can follow the instructions on

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.cgi?DebianPackage

In order to edit sources.list issue the command

sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

and enter your root password when promted.

You also need to enable to universe and multiverse repositories. This can also be done by editing sources.list, see the comments in the file for how to. Otherwise you can also use the installation tools from the menus.

thoeng
2007-03-22, 06:24
Hi,

By using sudo nano i am now managed to install slimserver

But i am having other problem which ... slimser server unable to detect my music folder .. it says Oops - "/media/hda6/music" doesn't seem to be a valid directory. Try again.

Help !

my HD is divided to 3 which last is my music folder (NTFS)

ChrisNY
2007-03-22, 10:00
I was having similar problems recently. The most likely cause is rights to the folder. Make sure that the slimserver user has as least read rights to the folder in question. I muddled through it by researching how the fstab file works and changing some of the permissions. If you Google fstab you should be able to come up with some good resources. Sorry, I don't recall where I went specifically.