PDA

View Full Version : SB3 cannot be found on Slimserver after a power outage

9dk
2007-03-19, 18:31
Hi,

I'm having trouble connecting the player to my slimserver after a power outage. It seems that the player is in fact able to connect to my computer as the music folder that shows on the player is the "sample folder" from My Documents folder.
Regardless, the Slimserver is unable to find my player and just plainly displays "You player cannot be found".
Please advice on how I can resolve this issue.

Thanks,

David

Mark Lanctot
2007-03-20, 07:25
Sounds like this issue:

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=31981

However, there's something odd here. If SlimServer reads "Your player was not found" then the Squeezebox shouldn't be doing anything. You say it finds your "sample folder". Are you sure you have only one copy of SlimServer running? Are you connected to SqeezeNetwork? If your player was truly "not found" then the Squeezebox would say "Problem: can't find SlimServer" and the screen would go black.

9dk
2007-03-20, 09:10
Hi, thank you for your reply.

I find this issue to be quite puzzling myself, and since this is the first time I had a problem with either slimserver and Squeezebox, I am cosidering that a reinstallation of both the server and the device would be the best way to fix the problem.

Uninstalling/reinstalling Slimserver is relatively straightforward but how would you go about resetting the network settings from scratch (as new) for the Squeezebox?

Thank you in advance for your replies. Greatly appreciated.

Regards,

DK

Mark Lanctot
2007-03-20, 10:05
Uninstalling/reinstalling Slimserver is relatively straightforward but how would you go about resetting the network settings from scratch (as new) for the Squeezebox?

You would perform a factory reset - unplug, press and hold ADD on the remote, plug it back in again while continuing to hold ADD.

ganjastone
2007-03-20, 13:20
I had very strange phenomenoms after short power spikes, in which 3 of my sb3 failed to connect to server. after struggling quite a lot with it, I found the faulty link to be an edimax switch that is on the way, and faile to restart itself properly after the power outage. disconnecting it for 10 sec from the power supply and reconnecting it solved my problems. It happened 3 times, and it works like magic. give it a try.