PDA

View Full Version : WAV files not found

oiler1fan
2007-03-16, 02:35
I keep all my songs in iTunes and in two formats - AAC for iPods and WAV for the Squeezebox. While I was running SS 6.3 all was working fine but when I upgraded to 6.5 everything went bad. Now Slimserver only sees the AAC files AND THEY ARE UNCHECKED IN ITUNES. How do I get SS to recognize the WAV files as it did before?

Ur[s]uS
2007-03-20, 15:06
I keep all my songs in iTunes and in two formats - AAC for iPods and WAV for the Squeezebox. While I was running SS 6.3 all was working fine but when I upgraded to 6.5 everything went bad. Now Slimserver only sees the AAC files AND THEY ARE UNCHECKED IN ITUNES. How do I get SS to recognize the WAV files as it did before?

Is this the same issue as in your other thread?
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=33621

If you are getting slimserver to use itunes for database scan, then if the wav is unchecked in itunes, might it be carved out from the itunes database that slimserver scans? have you searched forum here for itunes issues with 6.5 - I don't use iTunes, but did see threads on the issue around the time 6.5 was released?

oiler1fan
2007-03-22, 09:53
I don't understand your response - "carved out" ???
All I know is whatever I try I cannot get Slimserver to see the WAV files any more. I'm now running the latest nightly of 6.5.2 without success. How do I remove the database and start a new uncorrupted scan?

Ur[s]uS
2007-03-22, 14:24
I don't understand your response - "carved out" ???
All I know is whatever I try I cannot get Slimserver to see the WAV files any more. I'm now running the latest nightly of 6.5.2 without success. How do I remove the database and start a new uncorrupted scan?

Stop slimserver. Use file explorer to browse where you have slimserver installed and delete the big slimserver.db file (cannot remember exactly where it is).

Do you use iTunes to provide basis for your slimserver database? If yes, then my question is whether you have the WAVs in your iTunes database. If they are not there, then how can the slimserver database have them?

If no, then its a question of tags and making sure the music in the folders slimserver is scanning for music.

oiler1fan
2007-03-23, 04:00
Fixed the problem, and as I expected it was a corrupted file someplace. When I stopped Slimserver it actually wasn't stopped, so any update was occurring with Slimserver still open. I discovered this when I closed Slimserver then went to Control Panel - Admin Tools - Services, and found Slimserver still running. Manually closed it then uploaded the latest nightly and all is well again.