PDA

View Full Version : Running Squeezebox on other program ?

Joaquin
2007-03-13, 08:28
Is it possible to run SB3 with another program ?

I'm so lack of Slimserver that anything else would do. I've had problems on and off the whole time.

Just got a new computer and installed it first thing. It worked great for 3 days. Now It's just not starting anymore. It says starting, but then it gets dark again (in the little slimtray icon). Also the page cannot be found when opening up...:(

Running XP pro and latest stable of SS.

Ross L
2007-03-13, 12:16
No you must use SlimServer or Squeeze Network.

You can email support at slimdevices dot com for help getting SlimServer running. Or try this:

* Click Start
* Click Run
* Type in: (make sure to include the quotes)

"C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe" -remove

* Hit enter
* Next, type in: (again, make sure to include the quotes)

"C:\Program Files\SlimServer\server\slim.exe" -install

* Hit enter
* Lastly, reboot your computer

bpa
2007-03-13, 13:01
Have you installed WMP 10 - if so then it may be using port 9000 and stopping Slimserver.

Joaquin
2007-03-13, 13:07
No, but WMP 11...

Joaquin
2007-03-13, 13:14
I've removed everything and reinstalled the last nightly build. Now it says Slimserver running all the time, but I can't open up slimserver in explorer. "Site cannot be found..."

Also I can't stop slimserver either. Seems like it's stuck in that mode somehow.

bpa
2007-03-13, 13:29
WMP 11 is what I should have said.

How do you know Slimserver is running ? If you are using SlimTray then try Windows Task manager instead. Open Windows Task manager and check if there is a "Slim.exe" and a "MYSQLD.exe" running ?

Joaquin
2007-03-14, 09:12
Well, I think I found a solution.
Removed it once more and this time I installed the stable version. Seems to be working now, but I haven't tried starting up WMP yet :/

How do I keep my old favoritestations? I've copied slimserver.pref, but it seems like it gets overwrited by the SB cause all favorites disappears...